Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2024, 19:48   #1
BHPian

Better now, than never!

Hello everyone!

After 10 years of getting introduced to Team-BHP, finally I have joined as a member.

My name is Jefrin, 44 years old and living in Chennai for the past 12 years. I am a software professional currently working in an IT services company in the middle level management role.

Back in 2013, when I was in the market for a new car and was seriously researching the options available, I accidently stumbled upon Team-BHP. So I have to thank Google for introducing me to this wonderful site which I have been regularly visiting ever since and have been a critical source of information which has helped in my vehicle buying decisions ever since.

My first exposure to vehicle ownership would be in 2000 with my dadís Maruti 800, which we still own even after 24 years. I started my very own vehicle ownership in 2003 with a preowned 2001 Yamaha RX135, which I still regret selling off . Subsequently, after marriage, we have owned a 2007 Skoda Octavia L&K 1.9 TDI Manual (sold 2012), 2013 Honda Brio VX AT (sold 2023) and a 2014 VW Jetta Highline TDI AT (sold 2023) in India. When I lived in the US between 2005 and 2012, I owned multiple preowned Hondas (2001 Civic as a bachelor, 2004 Accord and 2007 Accord after marriage) as well.

Post COVID, due to the changes in both mine and my wife's work pattern with significant WFH and limited office commute, we decided to downsize our garage in 2023 and currently we own a 2023 Skoda Kodiaq L&K 2.0 TSI (bought Dec), 2023 RE Bullet 350 Ė Back Gold (bought Sep) along with our faithful 2013 Honda Activa.

Even though I now own an SUV, mainly influenced by my kidsí wishes , I have always been partial towards sedans, especially European and specifically German, so if I had to pick a car that I wish to own from the current vehicles in the market in India, it would have to be the Mercedes Benz C-Class (preferably Diesel).
jjp@chn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 16:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Better now, than never!

Hi Jefrin,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp@chn View Post
So I have to thank Google for introducing me to this wonderful site which I have been regularly visiting ever since and have been a critical source of information which has helped in my vehicle buying decisions ever since.
Nice to know that Team-BHP has been of help to you. The ocean of information here is second to none. We can get help on almost every subject possible, not only cars.

Quote:
My first exposure to vehicle ownership would be in 2000 with my dadís Maruti 800, which we still own even after 24 years. I started my very own vehicle ownership in 2003 with a preowned 2001 Yamaha RX135, which I still regret selling off . Subsequently, after marriage, we have owned a 2007 Skoda Octavia L&K 1.9 TDI Manual (sold 2012), 2013 Honda Brio VX AT (sold 2023) and a 2014 VW Jetta Highline TDI AT (sold 2023) in India. When I lived in the US between 2005 and 2012, I owned multiple preowned Hondas (2001 Civic as a bachelor, 2004 Accord and 2007 Accord after marriage) as well.
Quite a variety of vehicles that! I am sure you'll be able to provide a lot of information about these vehicles which will help other members.

Quote:
Post COVID, due to the changes in both mine and my wife's work pattern with significant WFH and limited office commute, we decided to downsize our garage in 2023 and currently we own a 2023 Skoda Kodiaq L&K 2.0 TSI (bought Dec), 2023 RE Bullet 350 Ė Back Gold (bought Sep) along with our faithful 2013 Honda Activa.
The Kodiaq is one of the best cars to have if it is going to be just one car in the garage. It would be great to have a detailed ownership review from you.

Looking forward to meaningful contributions from you.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 13:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp@chn View Post
When I lived in the US between 2005 and 2012, I owned multiple preowned Hondas (2001 Civic as a bachelor, 2004 Accord and 2007 Accord after marriage) as well.
When updating my signature today, realized that I got the models mixed up in this post.. The Civic was a 1998 model and the Accords were 2001 and 2007 models. Just thought of putting it out there in the name of transparency and accuracy.

Getting old, I guess!
Old 24th February 2024, 14:21   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Jefrin. Glad to have you on board this magnificent place!!

I see you have an excellent taste in your cars, including your current!

Can't wait to see a full detailed write-up on the Kodiaq!

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed