Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2024, 00:19   #1

A BHPian at last!

Hey fellow motorheads !

I first came across Team-BHP back in 2006 ; I think I was googling about the then available Honda Accord on sale in India because I happened to ride in one on the same evening and that made me feel WOW. I read a few articles and then the Team-BHP article hit me in the feels because it was what every damn thing on Team-BHP is : To The Point !

What followed was me bookmarking it immediately to visit again and again, only for my browser cache to read my mind and present BHP posts every time I thought about cars. Years passed, BS emission standards changed, cabin infotainment got upgraded, and it was 2024 before I realised.

I literally owe all my theoretical education about cars to Team-BHP. That's a proud statement to quote, but something was missing until recently. A Team-BHP membership ! Reason for that ? I didn't own a car !

These things changed very quickly in the past week. Bought a used car and applied for BHP membership on the same day, and here I am a week later raving about it !

A grand salute to all BHP-ians and content on this treasure of a platform. As for the driver in me, it matches my human personality : Relaxed ! Somebody who enjoys long highway drives with a sedate impression on the pedals underneath. Hoping to post more and learn more !
SherryDrives is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 14:49   #2
BHPian

Re: A BHPian at last!

Hello SherryDrives, that's one awesome introduction. So I must say, welcome to Team-BHP! It's always a pleasure to have new enthusiastic members on board.

And congratulations on the used car that you bought From what I reckon, it's also your first car, right? Do share more about it.

Welcome, once again!

Cheers,
Utkarsh
UtkarshC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 23:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshC View Post
Hello SherryDrives, that's one awesome introduction. So I must say, welcome to Team-BHP! It's always a pleasure to have new enthusiastic members on board.

And congratulations on the used car that you bought From what I reckon, it's also your first car, right? Do share more about it.

Welcome, once again!

Cheers,
Utkarsh

Thanks a lot, Utkarsh. My first car is a 2010 Hyundai i10 Magna with a 1.2 Kappa. That was the benchmark for hatchbacks, the engine that really deep-rooted hatchback culture in India. It's fitting that SRK advertised it !!!

I bought it to get my hands dirty for the next 2-3 years at least. It's my brother-in-law's car and is exceptionally well-maintained. The external paint chips and scratches were expected, but the Kappa makes me feel sooooooooo good ! Not to mention, the air-con unit on this 14-year old cutie works so well even in Indian summers.

As for the future, I hope I own a Honda one day. Body-type no bar, just craving the V-TEC !
SherryDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 00:59   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the Team-bhp family Sherry! Hope you enjoy your time here.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 21:15   #5
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Sherry !! Good to have a fellow motorhead onboard.
ridersam is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks