Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2024, 15:42   #1

Revved up and ready to engage: A decade-long lurker finally introduces himself

Namaste, Team-BHP!

Driveby2024 here, a long-time admirer and silent reader, eagerly shifting gears from the passenger seat to the driver's seat of this incredible community. As a professional working from Chennai, I find my work deeply satisfying, but my true passion lies in enjoying the machines born in factories.

My journey with cars and bikes began with a humble TVS Scooty, but my love for everything on two and four wheels has only grown.

I've been fortunate to experience a diverse range of automobiles, each leaving an indelible mark on my life. From the the evolution of Honda City across three generations, to the spacious and reliable Mahindra Xylo to the sleek and efficient Hyundais, the German precision of Volkswagen – I've relished every moment behind the wheel. A particular highlight was owning the mighty Ford Endeavour 4WD Automatic with its 3-litre engine in top spec back in 2011 – an absolute beast that fueled my love for SUVs and off roading.

In the world of two-wheelers, I've traversed quite a spectrum – from the first generation of TVS scooty, Kinectic Honda to the classic Royal Enfield and to being one of the first proud owners of the Honda CBR 350 in Chennai. The adrenaline rush of riding the powerful Kawasaki Z800 is something I'll never forget.

Throughout this odyssey of mine, Team-BHP has been a constant companion – a treasure trove of knowledge, experiences. Despite my work schedule, I always find time to pore over ownership reviews, travelogues, and technical discussions, silently absorbing the collective wisdom of this vibrant community. The guidance and insights I've gained here have shaped my understanding of automobiles and greatly influenced my purchase decisions over the years.

As someone who's always eager to learn, I'm excited to finally engage with you all and contribute to the enriching conversations that happen here daily. I'm particularly passionate about the latest automotive technologies, DIY maintenance, and the thrill of road trips. Living in Chennai, I'm blessed with a plethora of weekend getaway options, and I can't wait to share my travel stories and pics with you all.

When I'm not geeking out over cars and bikes or immersed in my projects, you'll probably find me engrossed in a book (I try to read one every week), or hitting the beach for some frisbee and runs, pedaling my bicycle to find inner zen, or volunteering for social causes close to my heart.

I'm truly grateful to be part of this extraordinary bunch of petrolheads(and dare I say automotive heads), and I look forward to forging new friendships, learning from your vast collective experience, and hopefully contributing meaningfully to this community that has given me so much over the years – all while juggling the demands and joys of IT career.

A special shout out to the Team-BHP moderators and administrators for maintaining such a high standard of discourse and for creating an environment that fosters mutual respect, knowledge-sharing, and unbridled enthusiasm for everything automotive. You guys are true MVPs!

Cheers to the amazing times ahead! Happy revving and safe travels!

Driveby2024
Driveby2024 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 14:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Revved up and ready to engage: A decade-long lurker finally introduces himself

Hello there,

A decade is long time to be a lurker and its so awesome to have you onboard now.

I personally am a big fan of the older Endeavour even today and that boxy shape just had so much character, not to mention the size. It turns my head even today.

The DIY forum should be of particular interest to you. Hope you share your anecdotes there. Also looking forward to your travel stories.

See you around in the discussions
Dippy is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks