Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 12:08   #16
BHPian

Sabyasachi, thanks for your detailed feedback, I drove a xeta 1.2 a couple of days back, the power felt o.k but what I totally dislike was the driving position, I don't mind the high sterring as I', about 6 ft tall, but the seats on this car are just on comfortable for me, I find that the under thigh support is too short and all and Indica's are not comfortable in the front, but the rear seats of the Indica are a different proposition altogether, they are very comfortable, din't drive for a long time, but felt the AC was good, the sterring was not too soft compared to the Maruti EPS's, but the car feels very big and since I drive the zen, it feels even biggher. but my zen is difficult to get into, but once in I find the driving position and the seats are much better than the Indica's. Thanks again for the detailed feedback.
Old 29th August 2007, 12:33   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
Although it has a 1.4 lt engine, it does not act liek one since the microprocessor ladder logic has been toned down by Tata Motors for better mileage. If you can have some one tweak them. Any of the Tata Motors workshops can do it for you.
Sabya (if I may call you that), just one question. How is it that your GLG has a 1.4lt engine?! AFAIK, only the top end GLX comes with the 1.4 whereas the GLG, GLS and GLE are all 1.2Lt engines.
Old 29th August 2007, 12:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Sabya (if I may call you that), just one question. How is it that your GLG has a 1.4lt engine?! AFAIK, only the top end GLX comes with the 1.4 whereas the GLG, GLS and GLE are all 1.2Lt engines.
IIRC he bought it before the Xeta 1.2 was launched
Old 29th August 2007, 12:56   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
IIRC he bought it before the Xeta 1.2 was launched
But then at that time were they named GLG, GLS and such? I thought the models then were GVG, GVS etc. Once the 1.2Lt engine was launched I think Tatas moved over to the 'L' based nomenclature. So that is when the models became GLG, GLS, GLE... or that is what I knew.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I'll clear the doubt. Initially when Indica had the petrol versions prior to 2006 Jan, they were named Lei,LSi and Lxi. I jan they launched Xeta, all the models were 1.4lts engines with names GLE,GLS,GLG,GLX. In 2007 to get excise exemptions, tata motors brought down the Engine capacities of all the Xeta models barring the top GLX one to 1.2 lts and amed them to GVG,GVS etc....
Old 29th August 2007, 15:34   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
I'll clear the doubt. Initially when Indica had the petrol versions prior to 2006 Jan, they were named Lei,LSi and Lxi. I jan they launched Xeta, all the models were 1.4lts engines with names GLE,GLS,GLG,GLX. In 2007 to get excise exemptions, tata motors brought down the Engine capacities of all the Xeta models barring the top GLX one to 1.2 lts and amed them to GVG,GVS etc....
Oh no! That confuses things further. The new Xetas are not GVG, GVS... they were named so earlier. Newer ones are GLG, GLS, GLE. We picked up a Xeta (for a TM in my project) around 3-4 months back. Its a GLS. Similarly my friend picked up a Xeta earlier this year and it is a GLG. So those GVG, GVS stuffs are the previous ones. In fact all those I saw are from the 2006 period when the 1.2 was not launched.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:49   #22
BANNED

GL* and GV* in Indicas

The Indica xetas were GL* earlier. As soon as the excise duty structure changes, they introduced GV* series. Starting from some time in January 2007 (or was it May/June 2007?? not sure) They came back to the GL* series. This is pretty confusing, since you now have both 1.2 lt and 1.4 lt xetas with the GL* model names.
Among the 1.2lt Xetas, the difference between the GL* and GV* is that:-
1. GV* are the older, indtial models of the 1.2 xetas.
2. GL* have a better front grille and bumpers.
3. Fog lamps in GL* are round, in the GV*, they are sort of quadrilteral, with a slanted outer edge.
4. Interiors are beige in the latest GL* series, and are a far more improvement over the GV* series.

I am interpolating the switch over in nomenclature from GV* to the new GL* series based on this:- One fo the dealers I visited had a single piece of GV* (just below the GVG variant). He said it was 6 months old (that was in June) and could not be sold before the new variants came in. He was not willing to give any extra discount on that, and I did not buy xeta anyway.

So, all pre January 2007 Xeta GL* series are 1.4lt; and post January 2007 Xetas with GL* in the variant name are 1.2 liter engines.
Old 29th August 2007, 20:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

GVS , GVE runs on the V-series Indigo. I have another friendini who has the same car with a different color (i.e Xeta GLG 1.4).
Old 4th September 2007, 18:31   #24

Guys,

I got my xeta GLG 1.2 last month !!! The car has been rolled out in June 2007 from the factory.

Its awesome car and suits all my needs. You can talk to me for any doubts/queries.

So far, I have crossed 800 kms in a month as I don't drive it to office but use it only on weekends.

Happy revving.

-Happy xeta owner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks