Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 14:19   #1
BHPian

Greetings all !!!

Having been introduced to this awesome gathering of motor minds was definitely one of the best things to happen to me the last few weeks .

Myself - I work in Bangalore and totally rely on a faithful Honda Activa. Having had a Maruti 800 earlier, I'd been postponing my contribution to the worsening gridlock on the streets here until a month back.

Finally, I made my entry into the car shopper's world only to be bewildered by the wide array of choice available for today's customers. Budgeting constraints obviously put paid to a lot of options and playing it safe and using the feedback from the very knowledgeable gurus of team-bhp.com, I decided to go in for a Swift VDi - which I then changed to a VXi due to the inexorable waiting period. However, having made up my mind to buy a car, I wasn't ready to wait another two months.

So finally, I booked a Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS ten days back and plan to pick up the car tomorrow.

While there is a bewildering array of opinions and analysis on this forum (and elsewhere) about other cars, there is precious little by way of owner feedback, etc. about this one.

I've Blogged the entire decision making process (concerns, requirements, etc etc) I went through here.

So finally - its a "Deep Pearl Blue" Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS for Rs.5.75 lakhs from Trident Hyundai, Indiranagar.

Accesories:
  • Pioneer Music System
  • Art Leather seats (I have a three year old who absolutely refuses to enter a car and once she does, she throws up at least once per trip
  • Underside coating (complimentary by the dealer)
  • Remote locking (complimentary by the dealer)
Once again, thanks for the various threads and posts that have greatly help me understand cars and engines a great deal more than I did.

Hoping to add my two bits once I get the car with an intro to the vehicle, photos and later a 100/1000 km report.

Keep the good posts coming and may the power be with you.

Cheers

Ravi
Old 4th September 2007, 14:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mogambo khush hua!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.
Old 8th September 2007, 21:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum..I am happy to meet another Getz Prime 1.3 owner.
Old 8th September 2007, 21:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

I went through your car buying experience..Its exactly same as mine..would have gone for VDI after the Test Drive.
Old 8th September 2007, 21:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP, Ravi. Nice to read your buying process - I think you'll feel at home here.

There's a rather large bunch of mostly software chaps on the forum from Bendakaloooru. I'm sure you'll soon join the pack.
Old 8th September 2007, 22:40   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hmm, so Mogambo posts an Intro after all. I agree with you when you say the choice today is much wider than what was there a few years back. One is only limited by his or her awareness and of course budget.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. We are delighted to have you with us in this ever growing family.
Old 9th September 2007, 10:08   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the welcome, all - here's my 50km report on Team-BHP.

Cheers

Ravi
Old 9th September 2007, 14:20   #8
Team-BHP Support

Mogambo.......... krrrrrrrrrtccccccckk*5 (thumping the finger on the table)..

good review, keep contributing, its a good buy and great car
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks