Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 00:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

just went thru your car preps on your site. superb.

and i like the idea of taking automotive classes.

make sure you got internet connection to keep uploading your travelogue regularly for us mortals to drool over.
Old 11th September 2007, 20:29   #17

I am touched by the welcome I have received on this forum! As per your suggestions I will start a new thread in the travelogue section to keep all of you informed as to the progress of the expedition.

Glad to discover this community!
Old 13th September 2007, 12:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreesh View Post
Hello Everyone,

This site was recommended to me by my good friend BJ Ram Rao, user name "ram". I am of Indian origin and live in California and both my wife and I are into cars!

We are currently taking automotive classes at a local college in San Francisco so we can fix our vehicles whenever something goes wrong. We are planning a long drive from the Arctic to the Antarctic in our 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. The journey is expected to take 15 months.

The car build up has been an amazing experience - we have learned a lot. I am sure there will be many more lessons in our future...
Hai Shreesh,

Went thro your site and read thro the exhaustive preperations you have done for the tirp. Gret account......... hair-raising just reading it.

Though many would have the moolah, time and the inclination to think of such a trip, to be really doing it would be a dream come true. I can't imagine doing anything near this; it would be great "living" the route through reading your travelogue.

Wish you and wife all the very vest and lots of joy driving,

--Ramky

=============

Last edited by ramkya1 : 13th September 2007 at 12:59.
Old 13th September 2007, 17:40   #19
BHPian

Hi Shreesh,
Here's wishing you good luck on your long adventurous journey. It takes quite a bit of guts and passion to set out on a journey like this.
Cheers !
Old 13th September 2007, 19:57   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai Shreesh,

Went thro your site and read thro the exhaustive preperations you have done for the tirp. Gret account......... hair-raising just reading it.

Though many would have the moolah, time and the inclination to think of such a trip, to be really doing it would be a dream come true. I can't imagine doing anything near this; it would be great "living" the route through reading your travelogue.

Wish you and wife all the very vest and lots of joy driving,

--Ramky

=============
It really has required a lot of fortitude. Everything takes 5x longer than you think it will take, and our cost overruns have been high. But the hardest part has been getting started - even now I try not to think about leaving San Francisco which I love dearly. So many friends, so much that sustains us. The skiing, the wine tasting, the opera, books, natural beauty, the good cheer...
Old 14th September 2007, 11:56   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey again Shreesh

Maybe this is a little too basic for you, but nevertheless here is Samurais excellent article on preparing for a road trip. You never know...sometimes it is the littlest things!
Old 20th September 2007, 11:29   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey again Shreesh

Maybe this is a little too basic for you, but nevertheless here is Samurais excellent article on preparing for a road trip. You never know...sometimes it is the littlest things!
That certainly is an excellent checklist. Sometimes it is very easy to miss the obvious!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed