Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 16:32   #1
BANNED

Hi From KSA

Hey guys my name is Tj and im 18 years old. Now im sure most of you will read 18 and think that this guys just another kid but i've already been driving for over three years now. So that means since i was 15. Which to some of you might be weird but in Saudi Arabia where i live its completely normal to start when ur 14. I've lived in the city of Riyadh for my whole life and as a result have made some fairly influencial friends. Which means i get to drive the creme de la creme of luxery and sports cars. Anyway i heard about this sight while i was back-packing through India and decided to try it out.
As far as cars are concered i have a BMW 330ci, Lexus ES 330, and a Nissan Patrol for the desert. The most recent cars that i drove are an American Spec FJCruiser as well as a Jeep Cherokee SRT 8. If anyones got any questions about them im more than welcome to answer them. Also i was wondering where i could upload the pics of these cars, im not quite sure which section to put them under cause they're NOT in India. Can anyone help?
Old 14th September 2007, 20:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

upload em here and also tell us the other cars uve driven..
Old 14th September 2007, 22:10   #3
BANNED

Well since i came back to Riyadh from India a month ago i've had my hands on a H2, Audi RS4, Merc S-Class, BMW 645, Heavily Modded Chevy Avalance. Im dying to upload these pics cuz i noe its easy for anyone to just blurt out a list, but im still learning how. I want people to realize that Riyadh isn't just desert where people ride camels, its seriously heaven on earth for people who love cars. I also have pictures of a Bugatti Veyron on the streets of Riyadh. Just give me a day to figure this system out.
Old 14th September 2007, 22:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome tjallu. Have fun cruising around here.

This is something you might want to read : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/

See you around.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:10   #5
BANNED

I hope this works. Two FJCruisers from my group is KSA. Amazing machines especially when driven to the limit in the dunes of Riyadh.

Last edited by Samurai : 15th September 2007 at 12:25. Reason: fixing the image tag
Old 15th September 2007, 02:26   #6
BHPian

welcome to the forum.

how much does a litre of petrol cost in KSA????

you've got to tell us bout the RS4 drive, its one car ive been dying to get my hands on

Last edited by cheap_deal : 15th September 2007 at 02:28.
Old 15th September 2007, 10:51   #7
BHPian

Hello tjallu! Welcome aboard Team-BHP! That's an impressive list of cars! I know Saudi has so much great cars.. Waiting for pictures! Besides, for uploading pictures you might want to see this thread-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

c_d, sorry to hijack this.. But regarding the petrol price, for 1.2-1.5 SAR, I could get 2 litres of petrol.

EDIT: 1.2 SAR= 12.94 INR, 1.5 SAR= 16.18 INR.

These prices were in Madina and Makkah last year, don't know now..

cya
A

Last edited by Absar : 15th September 2007 at 10:57.
Old 15th September 2007, 18:39   #8
BANNED

Hey im am going to be posting the RS4 pictures under the Internation Cars section very soon. As for the price of petrol is concerned, here in Riyadh we get 1ltr for 0.6 SR which comes out to about 6.8 Rupees. Hahaha this comes in handy for the people with Hummers and other thirsty cars. Dont you just wish it was like that in India. I remember it was really expensive but i never took the time out to find out how much a litre really costs. Any know off the top of theirs heads?
Old 15th September 2007, 19:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Normal petrol is priced at Rs. 45-odd a litre in Delhi while 97-octane is Rs. 55 a litre.
Old 15th September 2007, 20:34   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Normal petrol is priced at Rs. 45-odd a litre in Delhi while 97-octane is Rs. 55 a litre.
Not important in an introduction thread, but worthy of note is that 'normal' petrol costs Rs.52/Lit in Bangalore, a whole 665% more than it costs at retail where it is presumably made.

Something's not right in the state of...
Old 16th September 2007, 03:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey welcome aboard Tj.!

This brings back so many memories man....my dad was in Saudi for 2 years ,he lived in Al baha (hope i spelled that right) so i went there on a vacation for a month.

Stayed in Riyadh for a week ,although its damn hot but still the place is amazing.
Saw some exotic cars when i was there but mostly it used to be Mercs that too driven by 15 year old kids ,heck i was myself 14 at that time so i used to get pretty jealous.
One thing i can never forget are the Shawarmas (yes am a foodie) ,
the best shawarmas iv ever had.!
Went to some other places as well but dont remember the names now.

Sorry to hijack your intro thread but couldnt resist.

Well have a pleasant stay here and keep posting.

Cheers

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 16th September 2007 at 03:22.
Old 16th September 2007, 08:44   #12
BHPian

het tj im from ksa as well
i am gonna be buying the new mustang in a while would u know the new rates and trims available
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks