Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2007, 17:39   #1
BHPian

Hi to all Team BHP friends

Hi to all Team BHP friends,

I am from Hyd, IT professional, based in Jeddah, I came across this site while searching for vintage cars on Google, I was browsing this site for while and find the information interesting for car lovers like me.

I have passion for vintage & classic cars, my family used to own lot of cars but now we did not retain these cars. We used to have Austin-7, 8, 10, Austin of England, Morris, Mini, Hillman, Chevrolet, Buick8 50’s, Ford, Rover, Willys Jeep, Opel Kadet, Moscowvich, Vauxhall, Fiat 1930’s 7-Seater, Fiat Central Light & Elegant, Fiat Padmini, Standard-8, Herald.

My hobbies are vintage & classic cars, photography, paintings, traveling, vintage car rallies, etc.

Presently I own in Hyd. Maruti, Morris-8E and in Jeddah have Chevrolet Caprice Classic 1986, Ford Grand Marquis. I drive latest Ford Grand Marquis LS Ultimate with full options, smooth drive with V8 engine.

I find very interesting contribution from Karl, Stanher, Vintageman, Irgahava and many other distinguish team members.

I would also like to share my experience with vintage, classic & latest cars, gadgets, highways, cars & life in Saudi Arabia and contribute interesting info about the cars and automobile market in Middle East. Jeddah has very big market for cars and same for other cities like Riyadh, Dammam.

I would like to suggest, if Team-BHP introduce its badge "Team-BHP" at nominal cost, which can be used by all members on their cars.

Best wishes to all.

Vintagepoint5

Last edited by Samurai : 16th September 2007 at 21:00. Reason: removing font tags
Old 17th September 2007, 00:40   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard vintagepoint5, late introduction!. As you have noticed, the Vintage and Classic car section is booming, and we welcome your valuable inputs. Do tell us more about your Morris.

Cheers
Karl
Old 17th September 2007, 01:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Vintagepoint - Welcome to the forum & thank you for the kind words! The Classic & Vintage's section has been growing in the past few months & how!

Look forward to more contribution from you including inputs & experiences about the cars you own!
Old 17th September 2007, 15:45   #4
BHPian

Re: Morris 8 E Series

Re: Morris 8 E series 1948, it need body work and engine overall and paint and restoration work. I am planning to do complete restoration work during my vacation next month. Front waterfall type grill is damaged I am looking from old parts to find one.

Also I wish to buy at reasonable cost, open top / convertible car or sedan vintage cars, I need help from our team BHP members in this respect.
I appreciate if anybody look for me Morris 10M (Hindustan-48) 1948 model,
or Austin open top, Chevrolet opentop, Ford opentop cars. I wish to
add to my collection and bring in vintage car shows in future.

During last year I visited Hyd and by chance happened to visit Deccan Vintage car rally June 2006, held at Sec'bad and took some snaps, will try to post asap. I happend to meet Mr. Gir owner of Packard.

Thanks you all for the welcome.

Regards,
VP5
Old 17th September 2007, 16:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

VP - I think you might find these topics rather interesting:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-classic-cars-india/24458-classics-being-restored-india.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-classic-cars-india/26996-classics-available.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks