Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 00:01   #1
BHPian

svaid joins the family

Hi All

I am Shivam Vaid, 29 years of age and a s/w professional. I am staying in New Delhi. I was doing some net surfing a couple of months ago when a search result brought me to this informative site.

I am very interested in automobiles and have been tracking various happenings in the indian automotive scene for quite sometime now. I was planning to buy a car early this year and my research and quest for a perfect car meant that I am still in the research phase

I currently own a maruti 800 DX 5 speed MPFI and have been eying safari for long as my 2nd vehicle. The news of a potential launch of 2.2 this month was enough catalyst for me to take membership of this forum. Hence here I am signing in with the <thread title> similar to what people have been using to intimate there purchase of safari in the recent past

I hope to be an active member of this community from now on where I can both get useful information from fellow members as well as share my experiences/information with you and hence add value to this forum

Regards
svaid
PS - Didnt get the login <shivam> and had to change it to svaid
Old 19th September 2007, 16:32   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Hence here I am signing in with the <thread title> similar to what people have been using to intimate there purchase of safari in the recent past
LOL! That had me in splits. Good one, Svaid and welcome to Team-BHP. Hopefully the 2.2 will be ready for delivery sooner than later for you and many other hopefuls.

Please do also read the board rules to familiarise yourself with our posting protocol.
Old 19th September 2007, 20:44   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
I am very interested in automobiles and have been tracking various happenings in the indian automotive scene for quite sometime now.
Perfect Place to be..

Welcome to the team shivam(svaid).. Have Fun...
Old 23rd September 2007, 18:29   #4
BHPian

Thanks GTO and StreetLife for your warm welcome. I did go through the board rules and posting policies.

I had some interesting observations on the dynamics of the threads/posts network in TBHP. I am not sure if you all will agree with what I say but this is something I have observed after having a look at this site for some days now.

a) Thread creation/updation --> You log on in the morning on your PC. You start surfing the news sites for getting up to date information. You stump upon some automobile related news. You may quickly log-on to TBHP and create a thread without knowing/realising/searching that there is already an old thread on that topic. Its simple till this point - you might get a couple of responses to your new thread.

Then a gentleman will update the post saying -< I think this is being discussed in another thread also>.

While all this is happening another gentleman who would also have read the same news( but the difference being that he had seen and knows that there is an existing thread on TBHP on this topic ) would come and update the old thread. And suddenly you will have two threads discussing the same topic( although they will still be in different dimension ). Of course this will be followed by merge requests and so on

b) Also the other interesting part is how a thread gets evolved. We start from an interesting thread title/topic. In between the thread some gentleman will say something in his post in context of the topic.

This update shall be interpreted in different ways by different members and a debate will start on this update( sidelining the main thread topic ).

After a few set of updates - a moderator jumps in with an update in bold saying - < Please dont be off topic>.

Some posts after that will adhere to this and then the cycle shall repeat itself

c) There are some posts in the threads whose only purpose looks to be the following formula
post count = post count + 1
These will have nothing to add value to the topic being discussed. One attribute of these posts is that these and the LOL smiley go hand in hand

-svaid
PS --> No offence met to anyone
Old 24th September 2007, 06:38   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard...

Hi svaid. Welcome to T-BHP. Enjoy the hours of automotive frenzy..Man thats a BIG BOOOST!!!. From an 800 to a safari 2.2. Im sure the adrenaline rush wud b great.
Old 24th September 2007, 10:53   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

LOL again Svaid...I can tell its going to be great having you with us. 6 posts up and already a Team-BHP analysis. Yup, I agree with some of your observations and what can I say. The beautiful chemistry of online interaction (and the inherent behaviour) never fails to amaze me.

As for the Support Team, well....we try
Old 25th September 2007, 00:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancersfx View Post
Man thats a BIG BOOOST!!!. From an 800 to a safari 2.2. Im sure the adrenaline rush wud b great.
Yes that is a big boost and adrenaline rush is also definitely great. But I am fairly confident that I will be good enough to manage things with whatever driving skills I have. Of course I am aware that with a beast of size of the order of Safari, city driving problems and parking issues will do bother me a bit. But looking around and seeing a fleet of Innovas and Qualis running like two wheelers on Delhi's roads; it gives me confidence that it might be difficult but not impossible.

Lets see what the 2.2L has in store and whether I shall indeed have the single honour, double pleasure and triple satisfaction of owning one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As for the Support Team, well....we try
I do have the highest respect for the support team and it shows in the content of the quality that this site has. It is fairly easy to view and criticize the site/forum management but as I see the Support team is doing a tremendous job and hope it will continue that way in the future.

-svaid
Closed Thread

Most Viewed