Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2007, 14:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Greetings from Bengaluru

Hello BHPians,

This is Spadix from Bengaluru. I work as a software engineer here. Outside of work and home (I got married recently) I like spending my time travelling and taking pictures or getting to know the latest in computer hardware or listening to some music (usually Indian/Western classical or classical-influenced rock genres, mainly, among other stuff).

I am a big automobile nut. This craze started off as 2D drawings of wheeled vehicles using a pencil and white A4 sheets before I even learnt to write properly. However, some time last year I stopped buying auto magazines which I regularly used to buy for a period of over 12 years. I got tired of the inconsistency in their reviews and information, and decided being in a state of relative ignorance is probably better than being ill-informed. To this end I decided that I'll depend on peer reviews and research done by myself to know what's happening in the Indian and international automotive world. My craze for automobiles also manifests itself in my love of driving and simulation PC games such as the Need for Speed series, MS' Train and Flight Simulators etc. Yes Sire, I am captivated by any machine that moves!

I am a regular at a couple of biking-related Yahoogroups and I got to hear of team-bhp from members there. I am looking forward to learning a lot from and also contributing in whatever small way to what I feel is a very active forum of automotive enthusiasts.

Although I would love to be able to afford at least a BMW M5 for driving around regularly, and a host of other exotic cars in my garage, I currently make do with a Harvest Green coloured, 1998 model (carburetted, 4-gear) Maruti 800 that I bought off my Dad last year when it was nearly 8 years old and had 70k kms on its odometer. I also own a Black 2003 model Bajaj Pulsar 180 which was the first vehicle I owned and bought with my own money (and thus have a very soft corner for).

As of now I have no plans to buy a new set of wheels. The reasons are many, but the primary one is of course lack of finances. However, I am planning to play around with my 800 for a couple of years before "upgrading". I'll speak of these plans in another post as this is obviously not the right forum to discuss them.

I am looking forward to a fruitful, interesting and entertaining time with fellow BHPians!

Regards,
spadix
Old 2nd October 2007, 16:32   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello spadix,

Truly a detailed and excellent introduction. Welcome to Team-BHP. You will find enthusiasts in each and every field of your interest here.
And I am sure you will make many friends. Welcome once again and see you around.
Old 2nd October 2007, 17:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
This craze started off as 2D drawings of wheeled vehicles using a pencil and white A4 sheets before I even learnt to write properly. spadix
I know what you mean here .. good introduction , have fun and any mods on pulsar 180 ?
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:19   #4
BHPian

Welcome!!! I do not hope - but i'm SURE you'll have a wonderful time here.
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

welcome aboard,Spadix!
Hope you have a great time here..
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Excellent intro Spadix.!
For a change, no need to say go through the announcement section before posting further.
Old 4th October 2007, 08:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

First of all, my thanks and gratitude to everyone who has responded to this thread welcoming me to the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
...and any mods on pulsar 180 ?
I would not call them mods, but I have had to replace the handlebar and RVMs after a crash I had last year. Try as I might, I could not get the older RVMs, which though sub-optimal from the safety point-of-view, were stunning lookers! So I got the DTS-i-spec RVMs and satin-finished handlebar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
For a change, no need to say go through the announcement section before posting further.
Thank you, kpzen! I hear you. Luckily I am a member of quite a few extremely well-managed and behaved forums and mailing lists pertaining to my interests and I've been keen on following good netiquette ever since I got introduced to the internet some 9-and-something years ago. So I went through the announcement section before my first post!

Once again, thanks to every one of you!

Regards,
spadix
Old 4th October 2007, 09:14   #8
BHPian

Welcome, Spadix...another Bangy boy added to the list! Make sure you join us for the meets ... hope to see you soon!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks