Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2007, 18:30   #1
BHPian

Wassup folks?

Stumbled across this forum some months ago while searching the web for information to guide me on my next car purchase and now, find myself addicted...

Its great to be part of the T-BHP community and I owe my thanks to fellow members whose opinions and guidance have led me to purchase my current car - a black Mitsubishi Cedia Sport, and its accoutrements (Tyres, ICE - still WIP)...

A bit about myself -

I'm 27 years of age, going on 28.

With a Physics degree & MBA under my belt, I am currently engaged in climbing the corporate ladder at a major telecommunication company in India, based in Delhi.

My interests -
1. Cars - as a kid used to treasure my 'trump card' sets (anybody remember them?) and memorized engine specifications for more car models than I can remember now...a late bloomer as far as driving goes, got on the roads on a regular basis only in 2005 with my mom's Maruti Esteem and acquired a taste for a low seating position and the fun-to-drive factor. Guess I've carried that forward with my current car too...
2. Reading - mainly fiction, lots of sci-fi/fantasy (Asimov, Clarke, Tolkein, Ursula LeGuin, Iain M. Banks etc), some popular science (Richard Dawkins)...
3. Music! listen to rock (lots of electric guitar driven stuff including solo performers like Satch, Eric Johnson etc), jazz (mainly instrumental sax and trumpet - Miles, Coltrane, Stanley Turrentine etc, also guitarists like George Benson & Al Di Meola) and fusion a la McLaughlin (Mahavishnu Orchestra & Shakti), selected pop, tabla etc...
4. Food - Italian/continental, seafood - especially South Indian/Goan/Mangalorean, Mutton in virtually any form (e.g. fried Andhra style), selected Chinese, Thai & North Indian, the occasional steak, Bengali of course...
5. Drink - Beer (Guiness rules!), wine and single malt (try Talisker)

What I like about Team-BHP: everyone is free to speak their heart out, individual opinions may not be always accepted but are always heard, in the end the camaraderie wins over all else...three cheers to that

A clarification on my sobriquet on this forum - the 'Bong' means 'native of Bengal' and not 'device for consumption of banned substances'. My fellow MBA grads (inspired by 'Flying Sikh/Flying Finn') cooked this up because I used to be a long distance runner...but really am ok with either interpretation :-)

Phew, my longest post till date, I think - let me know if I've missed out anything, and look forward to knowing more of you in the future
Old 15th October 2007, 00:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum @FB ! As you have already begun to perceive, it IS a lovely place.
Old 15th October 2007, 01:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard FB.

Have a pleasant stay here.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

welcome FB - i am sure that you are already having a great time here.

take care and enjoy your stay here.
Old 16th October 2007, 09:34   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey there FB, Welcome aboard. Excellent introduction and congratulations on the Cedia. Great car to drive....just spend a little time with us and you will see modifications being added to her sooner than ya expected.

Quote:
My fellow MBA grads (inspired by 'Flying Sikh/Flying Finn') cooked this up because I used to be a long distance runner...but really am ok with either interpretation :-)
LOL! Gotta miss the classroom antics once you graduate.

Please do read the board rules section also, to understand our forum protocol.

See ya around.
Old 16th October 2007, 21:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Flying Bong.. that was an interesting write up.
Trump cards!!gosh..That took me down memory lane! I remember playing with those goodies..trying very hard to beat the other guy with the 'BHP..Torque..Cylinders'..etc.

Welcome aboard..and have a great time cruisin!
Old 21st October 2007, 11:25   #7
BHPian

@shuvc, planet rocker, faithless, GTO, nitin:

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
....just spend a little time with us and you will see modifications being added to her sooner than ya expected.
Seems inevitable , am just waiting to complete my ICE upgrade first...
Old 21st October 2007, 18:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hello 'BONG'! interesting intro! have a great time here!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed