Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 18:14   #1
BHPian

Introduction

Hello
I'm a 36 year old mechanical engineer but working in the IT industry.I'm a Technical Architect of Data Warehousing Systems.My passion from childhood is automobiles of all shape and sizes.But preferably I'm more drawn towards diesel powered vehicles especially trucks, 4x4s and earthmovers and special application automobiles.I see believe in diesel engines and have less or nearly no reliance on gasoline engines.One of my pastimes is picking up old vehicles and restoring them.The Restoration is slightly different as I tend to fiddle around with the original mechanical aspect of the vehicle.Be it drive train or suspension or braking and stuff...I mostly get things done myself at my friendly neighbourhood garage .I used to own a few Willys and Mahindra 4x4 jeeps, Maruti Gypsy, '72 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40, 82 Landrover Series III 2.2 Diesel, Fiat Uno 1.7 D. I plan to get a Mahindra MM 550 and a Force Trax 4x4.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:39   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting nick! A lot of us are diesel-converts (what with new gen common-rails) but somehow seldom used that term. Also, impressive list of 4x4's that you have owned. No sissies and only the real thing, eh? Do search within our archives to find several restoration threads. Pictures included.

Welcome to Team-BHP, dieselhead. Do visit the board rules section to get familiar with our posting protocol.
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:05   #3
BHPian

Thanx GTO.
I have been following Team BHP for some time now.Its great to have a forum like this.I'd definitely surf throught the convert job blogs and might sneak in some real life tips.Yes I'm waiting for the Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MultiJet.Though never owned or worked with common rail injection but looking forward to it soon.More than owning all those fabulous beauties I had amazing time restoring and converting them.I have worked with so many different engines and trannies.Toyota 13B, Nissan CD17, Issuzu 2.4D,Daihatsu 1.0Turbo,International Harvestor, Matador D305,OM 616 etc are some of them.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks