Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 18:48   #1
BHPian

e30b16 from coimbatore

Hi fellow enthusiasts, i am from coimbatore and was introduced to team bhp by quicksilver and my first meeting with other bhpians was at the coimbatore track day, last week. Been a car nut for as long as i can remember - growing up in cbe with hearing, seeing and smelling cars being tuned and tested all the time by the likes of Mr vidyaprakash, Mr Santharam, Kari, B viji and the rest, hanging around with j anand, leela and then having seen and being driven in all sorts of cars ranging from Triumph Tr 3, Tr4, datsun pl 510. its tough not to get involved woth cars and driving fast.
have done my fair share of mad driving starting in a premier padmini deluxe yeah the full monty one with 9.3 compression, moving on to the usual maruti 800, rallying in a maruti van and so on. Right now i am the team engineer at NK racing and my job there involves set up of the formula rolon and getting the kids to understand and interpret the dynamics of the car so as to get the best possible set up. i am married with two kids and run my own business which includes a speed and performance shop for cars.
looking forward to interacting with the gang .
Old 1st November 2007, 20:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum man! Would be nice to read some of your technical inputs on tuning scene!

P.S. A B16 in an E30 won't look too well!!
Old 1st November 2007, 21:16   #3
BHPian

welcome E30B16 , rallying in a maruti van ? Now thats something

is your e30 white in colour ?
Old 1st November 2007, 21:22   #4
BHPian

Welcome on board
One of the reason I got hooked onto cars. He spent close to 3 hours once answering to all my stupid questions once. Spent even more time staring at his shop window each time I pass by.

Cheers
Old 1st November 2007, 21:23   #5
BHPian

The e30 is grey??? Sorry I am color blind. But its as immaculate as they come. And teh b16 is another story altogether

God knows how many kids in their swifts had their @$$ whooped by a elderly gentleman driving what looks like a relic from the 90's
Old 1st November 2007, 22:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Welcome to the forum man! Would be nice to read some of your technical inputs on tuning scene!

P.S. A B16 in an E30 won't look too well!!
just had to have an icon in normally aspirated engines - the honda b16 stock 1600 170 bhp and the stuff that wet dreams were made of (for car nuts) in the 80's - the bmw 3 series ----- actually the m3 but here in india cant be a chooser can i
Old 1st November 2007, 22:21   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
welcome E30B16 , rallying in a maruti van ? Now thats something

is your e30 white in colour ?
yup scissors 500 in the van and came third as i had a puncture just before the last tc --- if not would have beaten a dolphin and a gypsy . my e30 bm is polaris silver
Old 1st November 2007, 22:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Welcome on board
One of the reason I got hooked onto cars. He spent close to 3 hours once answering to all my stupid questions once. Spent even more time staring at his shop window each time I pass by.

Cheers
thanks harrie, look forward to spending many hours with u guys
Old 1st November 2007, 22:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Welcome on board
Spent even more time staring at his shop window each time I pass by.
Cheers
E30 can you PM me your shop details ?, need to whip up my swift when i return to india/kovai in jan .
Old 1st November 2007, 22:56   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sanjay sir, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing you post a lot here. And if possible help us with future track days as well. I request you to put up an honest feedback on the track day thread so that I could learn on how to organize it in a better way next time around.

Btw, this is Rahul. Hope you remember me!
Old 2nd November 2007, 08:56   #11
BHPian

Hello there,

So you are here finally! Liked that short but crisp introduction of yours. I am sure a lot of people here will benefit from your knowledge. Welcome to t-bhp.

@iraghava: Ishan, you have to see/feel the E30 to believe it. It's a perfect sleeper IMHO.
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:25   #12

Welcome ya hooligan, we gotta get the the younger hooligan on board as well...what say?

Ciao
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:31   #13
BHPian

Sanjay anna,

Welcome !

It is fantastic to have you here...
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:16   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Sanjay sir, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing you post a lot here. And if possible help us with future track days as well. I request you to put up an honest feedback on the track day thread so that I could learn on how to organize it in a better way next time around.

Btw, this is Rahul. Hope you remember me!
thanks, rahul - first off would like to congratulate all involved who got together to get the track day thing going. for starters the good thing is the enthusiasm and potential, the not so good is the stuff that got left out which is common to most new ventures. whatsfear, sajeev and myself hope to be involved in the future and organize/provide any assistance required. i am not one to crib now at the effort u guys put in, but would like to assist in making things more organized in all aspects as motorsport is inherently a dangerous sport and its up to all of us to make it as safe as possible. if there is one thing i'd like to ask is that this fraternity come together to making events fun and safe and frequent and not get caught up in a blame game. if it gets ticklish pl use private messages rather than a public forum. lets have fun together and kudos to making a start !
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:17   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Hello there,

So you are here finally! Liked that short but crisp introduction of yours. I am sure a lot of people here will benefit from your knowledge. Welcome to t-bhp.

@iraghava: Ishan, you have to see/feel the E30 to believe it. It's a perfect sleeper IMHO.
thanks sriram for getting me hooked ! so what shall we do next to that sleeper city of yours
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks