Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 21:20   #1
dot
Senior - BHPian

Hello from dot

Googling away on the internet for my car related stuff, then suddenly, whoa, what is that, team-bhp? Believe me, for last four days my wife is pretty cross with me as I am supposed to be on a holiday at my inlaws, enjoying god's own country, yet I am hooked to the comp at lonely hours of the night, browsing this site, reading various threads... Now that is something cool to get into. Therefore a prompt sign-up and a few days later a mail in my inbox saying permission granted!

Well first of all thanks for the membership.

About myself, even though my heart, lungs, appendix and other parts are somewhere between 33 to 34 years of existence, my real life began after I moved into Bangalore for Masters and PhD. Of relevance here, my dusty days in Calcutta (still Cal to me) is the place where I learnt to drive, picking up family cars and taking them to college and errands for dad and mom. It just happened that my dad had a penchant for purchasing used cars and getting attached to them so much that we never sold them. My favorite one was a Maruti Gypsy soft top. Well after he passed away we sold all of them.

Anyways, life in IISc and Bangalore in mid-ninetes was vastly different that what it can be now. Beer was 25Rs a draft, pubs used to be crowded, marathahalli was unknown and I had no vehicle for first five years. Then got married and we bought a Bajaj Boxer CT-Ktec with our own money. The various travelogues on the bike used to be listed on the net as IPC Bike Club, recently I have reinstated the pages in geocities.

Brief research stint in US from 2004-2005 march. There I bought a '98 Nissan Altima SE (Sports Edition, just in cases). Sometime I will post the driving experience on that car, which includes a solo drive of 3600miles in 10 days.

Enter march 05 and we are back in namma Bengaluru, now employed. Prompt visit to show rooms and soon enough a nice black Santro XG standing on our parking spots. Well from a 1.4L 150BHP to Santro is a pain which is difficult to express, however paisa rules :(

But make no mistake, Santro is a very good car on its own right.

Oct 06, an assignment is US saw me driving an almost new Sonata Embera V6 for 3 weeks. A review on it sometime soon.

March 07, a quick decision and a job change to Pune. New city and guess what, a new car! Sold the Santro in Bangalore and almost paid for Swift VDi, when a certain ride on expressway to Mumbai on an Ikon taxi changed matters and quickly enough a jeans blue Ikon flair is on my hands!

Well, that my introduction on a motor vehicle angle as much possible. Hope to be part of this forum.

Note from the Support staff: Please don't use external formatting in your posts as it doesn't work here.

Last edited by DCEite : 26th December 2007 at 21:35. Reason: See note
Old 26th December 2007, 23:06   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the T-BHP dot.

Good Introduction. Hope you've read the rules of the forum in the announcements section.

Cheers
Old 27th December 2007, 11:08   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That Ikon is a riot to drive, even with the 1.3 ROCAM. Welcome aboard, dot. Splendid intro!
Old 27th December 2007, 11:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome !! That is one of the better intros I have read on this site !!
Old 27th December 2007, 11:43   #5
jat
BHPian

welcome dot. will love to see you dash-ing in ikon :-)
Old 27th December 2007, 11:49   #6
Team-BHP Support

welcome dot, looking forward to your posts
Old 27th December 2007, 11:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thats the great intro dot. Welcome to Team BHP. Do go through the rules to familarize yourself with the forum dos and dont.

See you around.
Old 27th December 2007, 12:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP, dot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Googling away on the internet for my car related stuff, then suddenly, whoa, what is that, team-bhp? Believe me, for last four days my wife is pretty cross with me as I am supposed to be on a holiday at my inlaws, enjoying god's own country, yet I am hooked to the comp at lonely hours of the night, browsing this site, reading various threads...
Yes its easy to get dotty out here.
Old 27th December 2007, 14:31   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard, that was a great read.

We Puneris meet quite often, keep an eye on the meet section here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/

Cheers, have a great stay here.
Old 27th December 2007, 15:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome dot really nice to see another ikon lover joining the club.
Wish u a great time here .
Old 27th December 2007, 16:22   #11
BHPian

Welcome aboard. For a username like "Dot", That's ONE long intro. . You gotta be careful, some mods here are against excessive "dotting", although I'm told dotted is for extra pleasure

Last edited by vikram18 : 27th December 2007 at 16:24.
Old 27th December 2007, 17:14   #12
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Dot, that's a very good intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Well from a 1.4L 150BHP to Santro is a pain which is difficult to express, however paisa rules :(
I understand the pain completely, I moved from 3.2L 225HP to Santro Automatic. That was 4 years back, I still have the Santro.
Old 28th December 2007, 12:22   #13
dot
Senior - BHPian

Well, thanks a lot for the messages and the wishes.

Some of the threads are really informative. I found some of the driving tips quite useful already, even though I am driving for last 17 years. Currently practicing on my father-in-law's 04 Palio diesel (a very torquey car indeed) on the streets of Cochin.

About Pune, thanks Karlosdeville. Frankly, just waiting for the Shell outlet to open in Chandannagar, which happens to be near my workplace. Quite tired by average-bad experiences so far, even at so called good pumps near Koregaon park.
Old 28th December 2007, 16:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi DOT - Welcome aboard !!

Yes, this is truly our favourite website

Hope you have many sleepless nights & long fights with the wifey in the coming future. I have them ( If you need help, Just Ask or PM )
Old 28th December 2007, 17:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

You are on the DOT!

Lovely intro there, am sure you can take up writting as your profession

Welcome
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks