Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 01:05   #1
BHPian

What a Forum...

Hello to every1 at Team-BHP,

I stumbled upon this gr8 site while searching for car related info and all i can say is that i hit the jackpot cheers:

Well, to introduce myself, Im a 20 yr old living in Mumbai.
Cars and driving are an absolute passion and in fact, driving is a time when i forget any and all troubles...the exiliration, the joys, even while just cruising at 60 kmph, it just makes you forget everything else.
So obviously im a PETROLHEAD

I am very interested in Technology (Computers & Such), Movies and such.

I drive a 98 Soccer Edition Opel Astra 1.6 Petrol and am struck in awe every time i look at it. I mean, we are in 2008 and this car is still here and has all the features of modern cars in its segment, in fact even more than them and is doing just fine after 9 yrs of service....

I was just 11 when we bought the car and when i became a teenager i said to myself, ill drive this car someday but was pretty pessimistic cause i thought that the car wont be with us that long, but as fate has it, it became my first car and is with me to date as you can see in the avatar.
Old 23rd January 2008, 02:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro.. Welcome aboard,buddy!
You are at the right place. Here on T-BHP we have a concoction of information,experience & a whole lot of good times with the element of vigilance with superb moderators.

Having had an Astra myself,I can understand how you feel about the car.Its my all time favorite!
Drive safe!
Old 23rd January 2008, 02:16   #3
Team-BHP Support

@Xehaust - welcome to the forum. The Astra is an awesome car to say the least and IMO does not look outdated even now. The build quality speaks loads about German engineering. Its a highway stormer and a very safe car.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:04   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, the Astra is a nice first car to have. I started with a Premier Padmini whose flooring had holes in it!! It was an absolute rust-bucket, but a whole lot of fun at the same time.

Welcome xehaust (typo or intentional?)! I will be the first to guide you toward our board rules section, so that you can get familiar with our strict forum policies. For instance:

Quote:
Hello to every1 at Team-BHP,
"everyone" is preferred

Quote:
I stumbled upon this gr8 site
Ditto for "great", not gr8.

See ya around.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Another Astra lover comes on-board.
Welcome to the forum brother. Astra is a fabulous car. Though mien was not MPFI but the old one with 75BHP. Never the less I had some of the best time in that car.

Please go through forum rules in Announcement section
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:46   #6
BHPian

Hey GTO and adya33,
i read the forum policies but usually do all my typing that way so was a lil focused while typing here but i guess i missed those 2 typos...Sorry for that and im sure ill improve with time, in any case, by chance i make a few typos for a week or two, please do let me know.
It feels really good to have met astra lovers here, makes me feel all happy inside
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:25   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on board Xehaust. And, do be careful with the " lil " kind of words. I am sure you will have a great time on this forum and learn quite a bit of new things.
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Xehaust. One of my Uncle has the Soccer edition Silver Astra which has a small spoiler at the boot. His car is so silent & in such a good condition that he too has kept the car & has no plans to change in near future.

Please share few pics of the car
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcomde on board Xehaust. You will definately enjoy your stay here much like I do.

BTW, how did you decide on your login name?
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:40   #10
BHPian

Hey technocrat, yup, i absolutely love the spoiler, its very understated, almost invisible but looks great. i have the green one, there were only 2 colours, the silver and the green.
Will post pictures through my profile soon, just need to take a few good quality pics
Most are from my cell and are not that clear.

Hey Snaronikar, well, you see, it is a combination of my 2 favourite after market car accesories - Xenons and Exhausts...Combine them and you get Xehaust
What about yours?
Old 24th January 2008, 12:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

welcome to this amazing place dude

its a great place to be for a automobile enthusiast and the well of knowledge the members have in here is just mind blowing!
Old 24th January 2008, 14:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
What about yours?
Mine!! Its the surname and thats it.
Old 1st February 2008, 01:12   #13
BHPian

Here is a picture of my car as i cant have my own garage yet :P
Old 1st February 2008, 15:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-bhp. Hope you have an enjoyable time here.

Nice car Xehaust. Glad to see that you've been taking good care of her.The Astra was one of my favourites too.
Old 1st February 2008, 15:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey technocrat, yup, i absolutely love the spoiler, its very understated, almost invisible but looks great. i have the green one, there were only 2 colours, the silver and the green.
Actually it came in Orange(actually something like copper) as well. Had seen a few of them. Later on same body was continued with dual tone colors on Astra Sports.

Thanks for posting the pic. I am Unable to view pics from office pc will view from home & comment
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks