Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:30   #1

Hello to all team-bhp'ns

I am glad to have found this team (googling ) about two months ago. After following the posts for the past few months, I've really impressed the way most topics were discussed (with the odd jokes in between : ) ) and decided to join finally (happy the admins have approved my registration).

As for me, I am employed in a IT firm and live in Hyderabad. Started my IT career in Bangalore, moved to USA (Boulder - liked the best - and Cincinnati) and then to Hyderabad (being my native, decided to settle down with my parents - also the reason come back).

By no means I am an auto export and occasionally do my bit of reading and experimenting.

Following were the automobiles I ever owned:
-> Luna TFR (double seater - - of course its sold now).

-> LML Vespa T5 (Was sincerely maintaining this one, monthly servicing done by me and my brother. Really nice scooter - and yes, this one is sold off too).

=> Bajaj Caliber (first bike I bought with my salary - was proud to own this - and yes this one is sold off too).

=> A Used Honda Accord (Bought this on my second month of going to USA . Although I had put in about 90 odd hours of driving experience, it was not good enough and met with an accident, ran over the curb - pressed the gas instead of breaks - learnt my lesson well loosing some $$ - had to sell it to a junk yard - good part is no cops were involved).

=> Suzuki Fiero (yes, came back to India and bought this one. Its being driven by my brother now).

=> A Used Jeep Grand Cherokee (in the USA to drive the Rocky Mountains – enjoyed my stay this time clocking several thousands of miles on road ).

=> Enfield Thunderbird (Yes this is my newest companion – Since June 2006 ).

Currently my dad owns a Zen DI for his daily commuting and I am on the look out for a family mover (6 adults and 4 kids). Yep you guessed it.

Alright can't think of any more to intro now, so giving up here....

Looking forward to the teams support...

Regards
C Jitendra Rao.
Old 3rd February 2008, 08:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome, Jitendra. That's a good intro, with a nice brief about the vehicles you've owned. Enjoy your stay here.

After that G.C, one would have thought that you would go for a 4x4 again.. but family rules, I guess.

How did you manage to get off without any points ? If the car was damaged so much that you had to sell it to a junk yard, there must have been damage to something other than the car too. Even a damaged lamp post will attract points since that needs to be repaired & the repairs accounted for.
Old 3rd February 2008, 10:59   #3

Hi Condor, Thanks !!!

Well, the accident did not destruct any thing and any one (including me and my passengers) except for the car (guess because it was a 11 years old car). The curb in front of the apartment complex was about 4 inches high and I ran over it at a decent speed (guess it was about 35 mph), and the shocks were so soft that the edge of the curb touched the engine and pulled it down (or was it the crumple zone not really sure). And at that time no one was watching (that I know of), so just towed it to the junk yard the next day after consulting a mechanic.

Regard,
cjrao.
Old 3rd February 2008, 13:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay here. Rest assured, you will be just addicted to this forum like others (even me ). You will find anything and everything for discussions here as you might have noticed during your probationery period of few months.
Old 3rd February 2008, 13:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP, Rao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrao View Post
-> LML Vespa T5 (Was sincerely maintaining this one, monthly servicing done by me and my brother. Really nice scooter - and yes, this one is sold off too)
VERY nice scooter that - a friend in college had a red T5 and we used to pull his leg about riding a SCOOTER, but I ate my words when I rode the T5. It was truly a LIMO amongst scooters - really smooth, refined and comfortable.
Old 4th February 2008, 08:37   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
.....really smooth, refined and comfortable.
Yes indeed, we used to compare the ride quality being analogous to eating a tender coconut .

regards
cjrao.
Old 4th February 2008, 12:15   #7
BHPian

welcome to t-bhp

hi mr.rao welcome t-bhp
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks