Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:30   #1
BHPian

Hail T-bhp !

Hi all,

To be frank - one of my first new year resolutions was to limit my browsing through this great forum for only one hour in a day ! As the fate of all resolutions, it fell apart on the second day itself !

Telephone bills rule my budget now - yet not prepared to take my eyes off all the posts from all you great guys ! for the past 4 months ! Call it - Height of addictions !

serious..having found this forum accidentally while updating my blog on a trip, things have never been the same..be it reading through route enquiries, travelogues, moderator's bashing on language / usage, tips on car usage.. the works.. i've enjoyed it all. Now, i'm proud to be a part of the forum !

Well, i'm 40, an engineer, running an industrial packing firm in Peenya, Bangalore. My car, a maruti 800 is a dream come true ! I think i deserved it after a couple of good years in business, but not before slugging it out in my ever faithful LML from south Bangalore to Peenya....everyday, for five years. My friends used to joke - whether i was driving the scooter or the scooter was driving me !

Those days were different - the ring road thru JP nagar, banashankari and Mysore road was hardly crowded and it usually took 50 mins from B'ghatta road to Peenya. Things changed after the car came, shifted to a place closer to factory - i'm now in the other 'ghatta road - the Hesarghatta road.

Now, I count my blessings when i drive - even if is Jalahalli circle ! - the dust, spitting from the buses, sand lorries blazing ahead of you, BPO cabbies nudging you... its all not there now.

Now, its only Kishore kumar songs ( alas! all FM stns have gone the BPO Cabbies way ), good breeze from the AC and clean attire for my next meeting.

Been a keen trekker in the western ghats in my college days. I now plan to drive down to vantage points with my family and share my nostalgia... and relive the travel with you guys !

Till then, will keep paying internet bills through ( not thru ! ) my.....car window.

regards,
roamingrao

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd February 2008 at 20:53. Reason: Formatting tags removed. Please see note in the announcements section.
Old 2nd February 2008, 21:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome ..
Quote:
roamingrao : To be frank - one of my first new year resolutions was to limit my browsing through this great forum for only one hour in a day ! As the fate of all resolutions, it fell apart on the second day itself !
Bad idea ! Was bound to fall through faster than it took to make the resolution !
Quote:
roamingrao : Telephone bills rule my budget now - ... Till then, will keep paying internet bills through ( not thru ! ) my.....car window.
You'll need the broadband - if you havent realised it yet.
Old 2nd February 2008, 21:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Dear Roaming (you could be in my industry) Rao

Waaaarm welcome to Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
To be frank - one of my first new year resolutions was to limit my browsing through this great forum for only one hour in a day ! As the fate of all resolutions, it fell apart on the second day itself !
This is not an entirely unknown symptom. Unfortunately the docs are yet to find a cure for the same. Not many patients seem to be complaining, though.

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd February 2008 at 21:38.
Old 3rd February 2008, 17:36   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Mr. Rao, and now that you are with us, may I suggest a cable internet connection?! You have well outlined the simplest pleasures of car ownership, and to think that some of us complain about lack of power in a 100 BHP machine.

Will await some great travelogues from your side. See ya around!
Old 3rd February 2008, 19:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome sar .
If you have BSNL phone line , you can have dataone broadband on that line itself for as low as 250 rs per month .
BTW traffic in Bangalore is getting worse day by day .

Last edited by black12rr : 3rd February 2008 at 19:33.
Old 4th February 2008, 02:34   #6

hey roaming rao..do you know the first thing i did after coming home from the 31st night party???

check team bhp...no jokes (got royally fired by mom)

boy is it addictive
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks