Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 16:13   #1
BHPian

Hello there, from Downunder... errr Tirunelveli/ Chennai

Stumbled on this forum, when googling for CAR reviews. Hats on folks, you got me hooked. I have joined quiet a few forums, eventually dropped out. However, the way I have been browsing the forum (first/last thing after/before sign-on) makes me think, I will continue. So decided to take the plunge and introduce myself!

Myself - Dhakshinamoorthy born at Tirunelveli and living at Singara Chennai. My sign-on name is the name of my kid.

Being in the IT world, I have travelled a bit around the world (not just the USA), I enjoy wildlife, sight-seeing and photography. Would like to explore India on a SUV.

Thinking about my fantasy for cars, it has slowly grown on me. My first fantasy during my childhood was cricket. During the teens, the girls took the centerfold. From the curves of the girls, I think i graduated to the curves of the cars. Seriously. Think of it this way. During teens, I used to turn the head on every other female. Nowadays, I do that only for cars! ok, maybe I still look at girls or watch cricket, but cars seem to be on centerfold! I am not sure whether watching F1 (Senna, Schumi are favs) or my own driving increased my passion.

Due to my job, I am fortunate to have driven around the world. I have driven 2000 mile stretches in US (single driver, self driving - spread across 4 days). Have driven in Autobahn (Frankfurt to Amsterdam). Have driven in Taipei (Taiwan) and got myself lost (with no english signs).

About the cars I have driven, Toyota Corolla was my first car (in 1996) and drove for about an year. At abroad, I have owned Ford Taurus, VW Jetta, Honda Civic for longer durations (> 6 months). Some of the cars that I have driven as rentals are BMW Z3, Dodge Caravan, Ford Explorer, Mercury Buick.

In India, I have a Santro for the past 7 years. Looking for a change this year. Hopefully with team-bhp help, I will get a good car.

Well thats quite a bit folks, catch u all in forums!
Old 15th February 2008, 17:22   #2
OEM
BHPian

Welcome aboard

Hi Dhruv
Welcome and have a pleasant stay. Please read the rules when you are at it. The mods are quite strict about it and that's what keeps the entire forum clean

See you around
OEM
Old 15th February 2008, 17:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Glad to have you on board! Enjoy your stay here!
Old 15th February 2008, 17:57   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard Druva.. or should i say Druva's dad
Old 15th February 2008, 18:38   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thats quite an interesting intro there. You obviously share a good number of interests with Team-BHPians. I suggest you head over to the Travelogues section right away.

Quote:
I enjoy wildlife, sight-seeing and photography. Would like to explore India on a SUV.
Oh boy, I know a Safari convert when I see one. Welcome aboard, Druva. Do visit the board rules section also, to familiarise yourself with our forum policies.
Old 15th February 2008, 19:34   #6
BHPian

Hey Man, Welcome to the forum.

Me too from Tirunelveli
Old 15th February 2008, 22:08   #7
BHPian

Thanks

@OEM - Aye, Aye Kaptain

@kb100, @Mission_Safari - Thanks

@GTO - Thanks. Not my immediate next car. My 2nd new car should be one of those.

@shenbag - cool to catch you. will pm you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks