Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 12:34   #1
BHPian

Indian roady .. a rookie type :-)

hi Guys,

I am planning a road trip around the golden quadrangle in India. I am here to discuss the various aspects of the trip, like cars, stops, gadgets etc.

I am also discussing the same on my blog. I am not really sure if its okay to post the url or stuff from there. Please let me know.

Looking forward to a good discussion..
Old 28th February 2008, 14:32   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi jits. Nice to know that you are planning a road trip. Please tell us something about yourself. What you do, what you drive etc.

That is the purpose of this section, you see.
Old 28th February 2008, 15:00   #3
BHPian

Oh ya .. Sure

I belong the tribe of highly overpaid typists.. sometimes mistakenly referred to as Software Engineers..

I drive an Alto LXi which I picked up about a year and half back at Maruti True Value. I am a very light driver as my car was in Oct 2006 at 27k kms(when I bought it), now its 31k. only 4k kms in 1.5 years :-D..

I am a string believer of value in second hand cars, get a good one keep it for 2-3 years and upgrade or change, loss of value is less and the car is never very old :-D.
Old 28th February 2008, 15:05   #4
BHPian

Hey come on post your details like what type of vehicles you plan to use, how many days trip it is, how many of you are planning for this trip and team-bhp has members all round the country they are here to help you out..... Cheers.
Old 28th February 2008, 15:45   #5
BHPian

Yeah I plan to start a new thread to discuss. Just wanted to post a few here and get used to the rules .

Can anyone tell me how long my posts are going to be moderated? Just takes out a bit of fun of forum-ing. No offence.
Old 28th February 2008, 15:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jits_1998 View Post
Yeah I plan to start a new thread to discuss. Just wanted to post a few here and get used to the rules .

Can anyone tell me how long my posts are going to be moderated? Just takes out a bit of fun of forum-ing. No offence.
Welcome aboard jits_1998.

Your posts will be moderated till posts reach the count 50. So till then the posts will take some time to show up.

Enjoy your stay here & drive safe.

P.S--- i will be closely following your thread
Old 28th February 2008, 15:53   #7
BHPian

Jits, I think you'll be able to pick up some valuable inputs from Autocar's or Overdrive's ( I also forgot which edition ), they did the 6000 odd km trip non-stop (12 drivers taking turns) and there was quite a detailed write up on the route (bad and good sections) and stuff like that, which might be useful for you.

I can't remember which month's edition this was, so please ask around and get yourself that copy.

Guys, hope someone out here remembers ... it's the article on the non stop drive on the Golden Quadrilateral (in a Toyota Corolla)
Old 28th February 2008, 15:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post

Guys, hope someone out here remembers ... it's the article on the non stop drive on the Golden Quadrilateral (in a Toyota Corolla)
It was Overdrive and I think it was around Sept 2007
Old 28th February 2008, 16:00   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post

is it the one that also included a civic and a diesel octy?
Old 28th February 2008, 16:08   #10
BHPian

Wow. I think I am at perfect place. cheers:.

It was Autocar that organized this trip. The stats are present in my blog:
About a road trip around India on Golden Quadrangle....: Feedback on the idea..

I am posting the quote here for reference:

Quote:
Mogli sent me an SMS with following stat from a trip organized by India Car :
Total distance : 5979 kms
Toll cost: Rs. 2212
Fuel stops: 21
states covered: 13
Total Fuel: 670 lts
Total Time: 88 hours
Avg speeds: 50 to 83 kmph

This was more of a whirlwind tour, with driver teams changing around 6 times on the route and Toyota corolla car was driven non stop.

But this tells one thing that this can be done.. cheers!
Here is the initial thread that I have started for my trip: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...road-trip.html

I guess there will be more relating to budgeting, gadgets etc. The idea is just 10 days or so old, so even I don't have all the things sorted out. Lets discuss.

One important thing, I would like to thank the moderators for doing an excellent job here. It took just 7 mins to approve my new thread post. Amazing.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th February 2008 at 16:22. Reason: Pleas use edit rather than posting back to back
Old 28th February 2008, 19:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

haanji,

for starters, hvkumar on teambhp has done it more than once if i recall.

and its no rocket science. a four lane highway re. even xbhp boys did the great indian roadtrip.

its just a piddly road. alto will do just fine. all you need are seat mods and more work to save leaves, less blogging

plus roadie is a much sullied word after the fools on the MTV show ruined the name.

Last edited by phamilyman : 28th February 2008 at 19:26.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:38   #12
BHPian

Yeah I know thats why I changed to roady instead of roadie, keeping the catchy bit of it. Lets discuss on my thread in "My Car". Really interested in know what modifications I can do on my seat. And my blog could be my sponsor as I mentioned on my blog:
About a road trip around India on Golden Quadrangle....: Things to consider in planning
Quote:
4) Any sponsors? This blog could be my partial sponsor
Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks