Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 09:11   #16
BHPian

welcome to the forum Ma'am. i am sure you shall have an enjoyable stay here in India. Traffic is crazy. yes we all agree but it takes time for everyone to get used to that. once you are in with it am sure you shall be zipping in and out of it with ease. Foods spicy but not such that you will be forced to starve. You do have a wide choice of international cuisine to choose from. and you wont be short of any ingredients to cook of course! so come to our India soon live and experience it! take care!
Old 4th March 2008, 09:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
I drive a 2001 Opel Corsa 2 door hatchback.... for anyone interested in how it looks
Here it is. I recently drove it from Munich to Tuebingen (about 25okms or 300kms) and quite enjoyed it. A small car that does 180 with ease and doesn't feel like it's going too fast.

Recently shod with UniRoyal regulation winter tyres.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2008, 09:23   #18
BANNED

Nice to have you in here, Welcome aboard

Sam's told me of you.
Old 4th March 2008, 09:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Well, well! At first I thought this thread was an intro post from a Jet Li or Matirx fan. Then I noticed the ® next to the handle. Then I thought, it can't be...

Welcome to the forum, and please read through the forum rules.
Old 4th March 2008, 09:35   #20
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
You have been warned about Indian Traffic.. Imagine the worst case scenario of traffic in the world.. and then triple that.. You are in India.
Even as I type this, I'm crawling through traffic in first gear - part n' parcel of my daily commute ....but really, it's not that bad....
Old 4th March 2008, 09:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey T-O,

Welcome aboard. We are looking forward to your visit too. I see you like to drive fast but after driving here, you will be able to drive a WRC, F1, NASCAR and any type of car pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
You'll find enough threads by Sam and on Sam that will keep you entertained here for quite a bit
Hydra - why should she read threads by the Yeti to be entertained - she will be entertained live by the Yeti himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Anyways, you guys may be interested to know that TheOne® will have her first driving experience in India in a few weeks. It is my intention to ask her to drive from Bombay to Pune.
The expressway ? That would be mildly boring Sam. Throw her into the deep end. Ask her to drive from Bandra - Colaba in morning peak hour traffic.

As for the food, I guess you will love it after the initiation.

Have fun here and ask Sam to tell you the rules. hehe.

Cheers

Last edited by navin : 4th March 2008 at 09:56.
Old 4th March 2008, 09:54   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I live in Heilbronn, a boring little town in the South of Germany
Been there done that! :-) LOL

Quote:
I heard it’s part of the rules to tell you about my car (damn it). I drive a 2001 Opel Corsa 2 door hatchback. Not fast enough, even though I like driving really quick.
My wife drives the 1.6 and it ain't quick either. Actually it can be pushed but then the engine noise drowns out the music.

Quote:
A bad sound system even though I like listening to music while driving..
We can fix that. Can't we Sam?

Quote:
I have been warned repeatedly that Indian traffic is nothing like German traffic.
They are all lying. Indian/Mumbai traffic is perfectly organised. We have 4-6 lanes of traffic on each side of the road. At intersections we perform a sort of Krump dance that I prefer to call "choreographed chaos".

We even have special lanes for bullock carts (usually the middle of the road) and pedestrians (usually at right angles to the traffic) the only problem westerners have is that they cant seem to see the lane dividers. You see we Indians are a spiritual people, we can see pathways where westerners need runway lights for guidance hence we have no need for such simple mechanical aids as lane dividers. All you need is a Third Eye.

Quote:
I hope I can survive as I cannot eat anything spicy. German food is generally plain with a lot of meat and potatoes (yuck!) and the spices we use most often are salt and pepper.
I would not worry about food. You are going to be living in the most bohemian part of Mumbai. Every cuisine in the world is found in a 4 block radius.

So now that you signed up for this adventure, just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Old 4th March 2008, 09:58   #23
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team bhp TheONE(R) and welcome to the country of many languages and climates.

cheers
Jaggu
Old 4th March 2008, 09:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Aboard!

T-Bhp is a very big part of Sam's life and now we have the other (better?) half here as well
Old 4th March 2008, 09:59   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Indian/Mumbai traffic is perfectly organised. We have 4-6 lanes of traffic on each side of the road. At intersections we perform a sort of Krump dance that I prefer to call "choreographed chaos".

We even have special lanes for bullock carts (usually the middle of the road) and pedestrians (usually at right angles to the traffic) the only problem westerners have is that they cant seem to see the lane dividers. You see we Indians are a spiritual people, we can see pathways where westerners need runway lights for guidance hence we have no need for such simple mechanical aids as lane dividers. All you need is a Third Eye.
ROFLMAO. I am going to print this and frame it. Old man, this one is a gem.
Old 4th March 2008, 10:32   #26
BHPian

hi ThEoNe, welcome to TeamBHP family.

hmmm, this is the surprize Sam mentioned on another thread.

Quote:

I have been to many places around the world and I am really looking forward to come to India very soon.
You will definitely have a good time in India. It is completly different from any other part of the world, so I think some surprizes will be in store for you.

Enjoy you stay here at T-BHP & in India.

see ya around.
Old 4th March 2008, 10:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Abroad! Good to see you here.

Welcome to India, unity in diversity.

Do not worry about food, you will find everything here.
Getting used to traffic is only a matter of time as you are already used to Right Hand Drive.

Enjoy!!
Old 4th March 2008, 10:57   #28
BHPian

Welcome abroad maam, looking forward to meeting you .Have a nice time here.

Deepu
Old 4th March 2008, 11:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Any friend of Sam is a friend of Team-BHP. Welcome & hope you do find the time to spend Team-BHP.
Old 4th March 2008, 11:10   #30
Team-BHP Support

Ah! So we have you here now. Thats great! I saw the member's handle and came in to write that no one but no one except for his Yetiship uses that ® sign. But then of course, her Yetiship automatically has to have the extended courtsey

Welcome abroad and enjoy the Toontown joyride.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed