Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 15:57   #1

tatawala from Malta

Hi everybody,I am a 47 year old photographer from malta and I have just bought a second hand tata safari 4x4. I have been going around some forums so that I can get to grips with the 4x4 community which is quite new to me.I have always had small cars and so this is my first ,as they lovingly call it elephant which needs some getting used to.Married with two girls (aged 20 and21 )I need a lot of carring space and this is what got me to buy the safari (at least that is the excuse I used to get my hands on a 4x4 ) Ihope that i can be of help to others through my short yet eventfull experience with the tata.
hope to get to know you more as time goes by

jeremy
Old 4th March 2008, 16:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jeremy, Welcome to Team BHP! I'm another Safari Dicor 3.0 liter 4x4 owner, seems like our community is growing.

Enjoy your stay & hope to hear some of your exploits with your elephantcheers:
Old 4th March 2008, 16:35   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

wow. i have always wanted to visit Malta!

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your safari. Owner call it the king, and others call it the big bully :-)
Old 4th March 2008, 17:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Jeremy ,Welcome to TBHP.

Which model is it? And can you post a short review about your experience with Safari

Meanwhile, check out think link. Some threads should interest you
Shifting gears - Team-BHP
Old 4th March 2008, 17:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice title Jeremy and welcome to T-BHP.

Start writing about the beast and we have a whole bunch of safari lovers here on T-BHP.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 4th March 2008, 19:24   #6

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! what response and what welcome,Thanks guys. My tata is a 2.0 ltr maniufactured in 2001 and was baought second hand with 35000miles on it.I had some trouble at first caused mainly by the lack of use from the preavious owner lots of small thins where jammed,but i soon got them going because i use it everyday so things loosend quickly.you are right when the owners call it the king because when you are driving it you are the king of the road !!
will post more later on and will also try to get some pics on the web(when Iget the hang of it)
cu later
jeremy
Old 4th March 2008, 19:27   #7
BANNED

Hi!! Welcome on board!!

The safari is really going places. I admire it; but do not own one. Given my approach to driving (sedate, laid back), I may not buy one, but will like lay my paws on one of them!!!
Old 4th March 2008, 20:15   #8

If your driving is sedate and laidback ,than the 2.0 ltr is the tata for you as it is slightly underpowerd for it's size and so spacious and comfortable on the inside (I am over 6 feet myslf and so is one of my daughters)
Old 5th March 2008, 22:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

jeremy welcome to the forum .... you have come to the right place...with a car in your garage [ a lot of Safari fans]......what ever questions you have and any thing you want to say will be heard.... and you'll never want too go off line.....
Old 5th March 2008, 23:12   #10
BHPian

Hi Jeremy!!!
Welcome to this side too! Is a pleasure for me as I welcomed you also on the Italian Safari forum!!!
Maybe in English we can even chat more, despite your written Italian is very good.
All the best with your Safari beast!
I wish 1 day I'll come to Malta....

Ciao ciao cheers:

Ignazio
Old 6th March 2008, 15:08   #11

ciao Ignazio
Thanks for the welcome (and also to the other guys) as I already said in the italian forum ,anyone coming over to the island is more than wellcome,just give me a call and you will find someone to show you around.I am still trying to get used to our beast but it seems to be getting easier everyday,the only trouble is tha i dont have enough time to dedicate to it.
ciao jeremy
Old 6th March 2008, 16:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

A very warm welcome to you, dont worry you will quickly get a hang of it very soon, just keep driving.

Welcome aboard!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks