Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 23:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

WOW! lotsa tata lovers abroad too! nice! welcome to t-bhp bro! hope u have a great time here!
Old 16th March 2008, 01:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Good to see you here. The DICOR grows on you doesn't it?
Old 16th March 2008, 01:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP, mpescatori. For some reason your online identity reminds me of mascarpone. Or maybe I'm just hungry.

So what have you done to your elefant to make him go faster?
Old 16th March 2008, 08:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP...
I think TATA presence in Italy is more than 5 yrs now(or may be more). Because, I remember seeing the TATA showroom in catania during my visits around 2002 & 2003. I have seen several safari's in there.
But always wondering if it is SAME as ours. Meaning, will there be any special tunings or mre safety features available than in India?
Old 16th March 2008, 12:00   #20
BHPian

how about some pics of the italian safari both interior and exterior pics and how much does it cost in italy
Old 16th March 2008, 13:02   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahhh Roma Roma Roma!!! Amo Roma troppo. Benvenuto Signor, il mondo e' piccolo and we're doing our bit at Team-BHP.

I remember a wonderful time I had living at Via Palestro, near the Porta Pia in a little Pensione. Those amazing pizzas just outside the Termini (Pizza Rustica?). I remember Robert Miles had just released this new track called "Children" redifining melodic electronica and creating a new genre called Dream house. It played EVERYWHERE.
I remember this crazy night club called Aquatica from where I did not return home and slept somewhere... I don't know where. Does it still exist.

Che' citta mio amico, che' citta!!! Those gelatos outside la fontana (trevi, of course), those beautiful women having a quick espresso at the station before running off to work in those beautiful shoes....
Young men zipping around on their Aprilia scooters, yelling at people, I remember trying to buy the troppo caro frutti.

Amo L'italia ed amo gli itailini.
Scusi il mio italiano terribile, sono mezzo italiano ma non ho qualcuno do parlare con.

Welcome and have a wonderful time.
Old 16th March 2008, 21:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP.

You will find lot of Safari fans here.

Enjoy!!
Old 17th March 2008, 10:38   #23
BHPian

Italian car lovers in India and TATA car lovers in Italy. Welcome to Team BHP.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:29   #24
BHPian

Welcome - Welcome

The Safari club has now crossed international boundries.
Old 17th March 2008, 18:12   #25
BHPian

Here I am again !

OK, here's a pic of myself
http://forum.fuoristrada.it/cgi-bin/...ile=226084.jpg
The "thing" on the car's roof is a Halloween gremlin, it must have liked the car becase it never left !!!

If this doesn't work, I'll simply say My Safari is silver with a plain grey cloth interior. 4x4
I understand there are luxury options in India, like leather and DVD players with LCD screens on the headrests, but... the best we have here is the leather interior - no hifi of any kind.

My mods are oriented in two directions, electricals and mechanics.

Electricals: very bad quality Pioneer system (I have always been a Blaupunkt supporter, and spending all that money on Pioneer with such poor results is evidence I was right about german quality vs. japanese)
I also have a CB radio fitted, alas only a magnetic rooftop antenna but I plan to have the roof drilled and the antenna fitted permanently.
Last, lights.
Roof lights, fog lights, big lights, small lights, lights for reversing, for camping at night, etc., which will require a second battery. AND a dedicated electrical circuit with specific one-way circuit breakers.

Mechanics: I have already changed the air filter to a high capacity foam element, and have already paid for a high-flow exhaust system; I plan to increase hp by a easy 5 bhp just by allowing air in and hot gases out more efficiently.
Then, there's that tingling temptation, to remap the EFI chip...
No use making the engine scream if it'll do only 3000 rpm might as well feed her some steroids

I have also purchased a rear differential armoured skid pan, to avoid rupturing the differential casing on sharp rocks, and am looking at a number of options to lift the body off the chassis by another 2 inches (5 cm).

Another issue is that of the four-wheel drive... Those who know me well know I am a true apprentice sorcerer, my ideal Safari would have a six (seven?) speed close ratio gearbox, coupled to a three speed synchromesh transfer case and ... yah, right, wake up, man, this is the real world
Still, a 6 speed manual box (or a 6 speed auto) would provide even greater climbing / crawling capabilities... and the three-speed transfer case would allow to shift between "high" and "mid" ratios on the fly, for those steep metalled climbs that are so common in the mountains...

OK, that's enough daydreaming for now...

If only I could put my act together, a trip to India in 2010 would be in the works !
Maurizio

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th March 2008 at 18:31. Reason: excessive smilie usage
Old 17th March 2008, 19:53   #26
BHPian

I have just been "scolded" by the moderator for "excessive use of smileys".

OK, I apologize for being over-enthusiastic.

On the other hand, how much "seniority" do I need to see my posts immediately published on the Forum ? This is the first time I find myself in this condition.
Old 17th March 2008, 21:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

You need 50 posts to become a BHPian, after which your posts won't need to be approved. Posts in the "Introduce Yourself" and "Shifting Gears" sections don't count. A lot of effort goes in maintaining the quality of this forum. So, please spend some time going through the Announcements and Board Rules sections.
Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed