Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 23:49   #1
BHPian

Greetings!

Greetings to all,

Been prowling about here for almost a year now. It was clear very early that I wanted to sign up too, just blame it on inertia that it took this long.

Congratulations to everyone for contributing to this wonderful forum!

I've had a long association with the automotive world - as a hobbyist and professionally. Till about five years ago, I spent a lot of time with the contemporary autos, but something seems amiss there of late. Can't really figure out what, so giving that some latitude for a while, until maybe I can.

Automotive creations of all kinds do it for me, but the vintage and classic stuff excite me the most these days - always did in fact. Have always revelled in the past - nostalgic is a more civilised description, well-wishers suggest; Neil Diamond would approve too - and since Mr. Wells couldn't really make that time-machine to transport me back physically, preserved (and those needing to be so) vestiges from the bygone days help. Sharing the hobby with like-minded souls helps even more!

I do look forward to partaking in the palpable enthusiasm here. Do pardon occasional periods of absence as the need to make a living forces me away on work at times, rather grudgingly - but whenever and wherever I have internet access (can't just rely on the data card), I'll be around I can assure you.

With best wishes to all,

Prabal
Old 13th March 2008, 00:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very nice intro,Prabal. Welcome onboard!
1 year..thats quite some time to prowl around here.. Most people end up joining the forum within the first few weeks (if not days/hours).
None-the-less, have a great time here..

Enjoy!
Old 13th March 2008, 10:02   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally!

Welcome aboard Prabal. We are looking forward to many contributions from you, you could start by sharing a bit about your collection. Pictures please!

If I know you right you would probably be spending most of your time here,

Vintage & Classic Cars in India - Team-BHP

Take your time going through the archives in detail - this is an absolute mine of information.
Old 13th March 2008, 17:40   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the team of petrolheads, Prabal. I look forward to your threads.
Old 13th March 2008, 18:52   #5
BHPian

Welcome. I am a member from Chennai, a collector of Vintage & Classic cars. Check the photos of my cars in BHP
Old 13th March 2008, 21:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Very nice intro,Prabal. Welcome onboard!
1 year..thats quite some time to prowl around here.. Most people end up joining the forum within the first few weeks (if not days/hours).
None-the-less, have a great time here..

Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Finally!

Welcome aboard Prabal. We are looking forward to many contributions from you, you could start by sharing a bit about your collection. Pictures please!

If I know you right you would probably be spending most of your time here,

Vintage & Classic Cars in India - Team-BHP

Take your time going through the archives in detail - this is an absolute mine of information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome to the team of petrolheads, Prabal. I look forward to your threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
Welcome. I am a member from Chennai, a collector of Vintage & Classic cars. Check the photos of my cars in BHP
Thank you very much Nitin, Karl, GTO, C.S.ANANTH. This feels like coming home!

Do I post pix of my vehicles (those that are in some semblance of decency) in this thread itself, or should I do so in an existing one that's dedicated to our own cars?

You are right Karl, I am more inclined to the Vintage & Classic Cars in India - Team-BHP thread. What fantastic contributions! Superb.

Fantastic stable there C.S.ANANTH. My compliments for the setting too!
Old 14th March 2008, 02:23   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum Prabal. We have met before at one of the FCCCI meet no 15Aug'06 at the CPR in Pune. Have a pleasant stay here. To post pictures of your car you could start a new thread in the Vintage and Classic Car section.
Old 14th March 2008, 23:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Welcome to the forum Prabal. We have met before at one of the FCCCI meet no 15Aug'06 at the CPR in Pune. Have a pleasant stay here. To post pictures of your car you could start a new thread in the Vintage and Classic Car section.
Thanks moralfibre. We've met? That's great, knowing your real name would help me remember though. Is it with 'K' by any chance? Not the deVille kind of course!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks