Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 23:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello From Santosh

Hello Team BHP'Ians... Been waiting a long time for this moment... At Last I am a part of this group through which I learnt so much about cars and bikes. My Hats off to you all...

I am Santosh, 27, from hosur, a small industrial town near bangalore. Been a gear head since my head started working...its in my genes i guess...Dad was in a Auto Clutch manufacturing company for 32 years... Learnt cycling only when i was 15...yes 15..!!! graduated to Learn a Astra at 16... hold on.. TVS Astra Moped .... (gotcha..!!) ... then went on to TVS Ind Suzuki (What a bike) before 17... then rest is history... got my first bike at 19... after we split my ancestral property in bombay, I got a Tip from my Grandma... My Bajaj Boxer... yes!!! the one with a Milk Wala Steel Stray below the Split rear seat..!!! tuned it to get 90-100KMPL...couldnt ask for more..!!!held on to it till Jan-2003..!! WOw..!!! After my 1st Job in Sep-02 was saving for my DREAM...!!! Sold my reliable boxer and got my 1st (2nd hand) AVL Machismo..!!! Man what a Bike... will miss it truly... sold it in 31 days..engine was screwed up... I was duped...!!! Took a Oath I will be a Die Hard Enfield Guy one day... then got a even more screwed up bajaj 4s x'th hand... Feb1st 2003, held on till navrathri... Engine Seized on Dushera Morning 6AM.... pushed it holding the clutch for 8Kms!!!!..... then got my Bajaj (AGAIN...!!!) Pulsar DTSi.... NEW NEW NEW.... I was the 1st in Hosur.... on June 2003... My life changed forever... what a marvelous creation the DTSi was and Is...!! I will never forget those days... 120+ .... super smooth engine.... life was in my right palm....!!!

(In between I got my NEW Alto LX July-2003. Will Visit Car later...!!!)

then sometime in 2004 i realized I have to go back to Enfield (I told u) ...!!! I got a 2nd bike... (yes.. a weekend bike)... my 2nd hand good maintained Enfiled STD 350 black... Man I had fun with it.... parents breathed fire....why do u need 2 bikes and a car... (see why i said i am a gear head)... wasnt even 22!!!..... then somehow got bored of my 350 petrol bullet....(Yeah...!!)

then heard about this wonderfully criticized Diesel Taurus Bullet... Traded my petrol and a few 1000Rs and got a Majorly Screwed up 5,6,7th hand God Knows .!!! Diesel Bullet..!!! October - 2005.

Team-BHP'ians Believe it or not.... Having a normal bike, Normal Car, Normal ICE, Normal upholstry, Normal Everything doesnt give you a high that having something truly Abnormal gives u... 2 years and 6 months and after few thousand Rs and many many days sleeping alongside my mechanic later... I am truly a Bullet Fan now... I know the in and out of each and every nut,bolt, bearing, ring, etc etc it takes to make a bullet.

Of course then comes my stock Alto... nothing to say about it, except I could not afford petrol and made it a Lovato Fit LPG Driven car..!!! get 15KMPL/LPG...and my bike...70KMPL to the liter of Diesel...!!

Top speed...95-100 on my bike.... sucks upto 35-40KMPH thru 3rd gear... then into 4th... takes a full minute or so.... but holds beautifully around 60-80... definition of torque...!!! trust me... all you people who laugh at reading reviews.... you will never grow up beyond the 14-16inch screen in front of your eyes... i am open to sharing my more in depth experience of my life with a bike with no carbs, 1 big diesel filter, 1 humongous air filter, and a pump-nozzle,(as if you know what i means...its a fuel injector), 1 fly wheel, bet u never heard it before, and lots more...

TEAM BHP'Ians
I am here to stay.... learn and share my experiences to all you who truly believe motoring is more than BHP and Speed....!!! (in case i did not tell u... a diesel bullet gives out 6.5 HP, is nearly 195Kilos, and I am 103Kilos...
Old 14th March 2008, 00:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quite an intro! Welcome aboard,Santosh.
Do post a few pics of your bike.. There are quite a few hardcore 'Bullet' fans here on T-BHP..

Enjoy!
Old 14th March 2008, 00:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

cant do it..!!!

hands are itching to... cant post my garage until i post 50 messages... so please wait eagerly...
Old 14th March 2008, 00:56   #4
BHPian

That s quite an intro here! Had me laughing in splits but everybody learns it the hard way pal . You do to burn your hands quite a few times but there was always a plus. See, now your friend or anyone who knows and wants to buy an enfield knows who to take along!
Old 14th March 2008, 01:13   #5
Team-BHP Support

welcome

Welcome to Team-BHP, Santosh.

Please take some time out to familiarise yourself with our posting rules here -> Announcements.

Nice write-up, but please employ a cleaner writing style next time on.
We're not too hot on excessively dotty posts here.

Enjoy your stay!
Old 14th March 2008, 08:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP.

Your Taurus should be the cheapest once to run here at TBHP. 50p/km! I was surprised when I read that it can even do 90kmph plus @ 50p/km! Wow!

What was the issue with A350?
Old 14th March 2008, 08:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Engine needed rework

hi... when i got delivery of the bike it sounded fine... then coil blew up inside the clutch case one day...!! got it fixed.... then oil started burning and smoking out like a two stroke...!!! learnt that 2nd hand buy + enfiled + novice = Stirct no no... So got back to my drawing board ... did my home work... and after a few years... a much satisfied Bulleteer....!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks