Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 00:09   #1

Never thought giving an intro was this easy - Hi BHPians

I am Mahesh, 29, married and living almost happily. I happen to be a system admin by profession.
It is more than a year I joined here on this wonderful forum. It was when I switched from a field job to sitting in a cubicle kind of boring job, looking for ways to kill time, came across team-bhp while googling.

Initially it was means to pass free time in office but soon turned out to be a kind of addiction, the fact that my client was "BHP Billiton" also helped.Many of my colleagues use to think that I am browsing through some team portal. But now, owing to team-bhp's popularity the site is blocked in office and browsing is now confined to home and from mobile.

I was never an automobile buff like many out here. But men will be men and will have some fascination towards mean machines. I too had dreamt of becoming a bus driver or a cleaner in those private buses in Kerala while in my childhood. I used to buy auto magazines once in a while, mainly to gaze through the pictures and to read about some road trips. Team-bhp has helped to cut down on those and help me understand automobiles better. More than the technical aspects, I used to enjoy those fabulous travelogues and Yeti ® Blogs and Guides.

I brought my first bike in Feb '02 and it was a Pulsar 180, had fun using it for 4 years in NCR. Left the bike with a friend when I moved out to Mumbai, never had the courage to drive a bike in Mumbai and was satisfied with the public transport there.

Two years back I came down to Hyderabad and started thinking of buying a car. But priorities kept on changing and I could take up a vehicle only a month back. The forum was very helpful in deciding on the vehicle and accessories. Never thought it necessary to put a new thread for "what car" with the information already flooded out there. Also thanks to audio gurus and tyre gurus for helping to decide on a suitable ICE setup and tyres.

Now that I have a car, thought of being a bit active in the forum and hence this introduction. Btw, I brought a Palio Stile 1.6. I am sure I will have some supporters in the forum on contrary with the general public.

I know this has gone a bit too long, sorry if it bored you.

Thanks and looking forward for good times ahead.
Old 26th March 2008, 02:10   #2
BHPian

Hi Mahesh, Congrats on your new stile, please post some pics if you can. Welcome to tbhp. btw, you haven't mentioned the car in your profile.
Old 26th March 2008, 03:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard ms_mahu,

Another Mahesh with a dog in his avatar picture! (other being - theMAG)

Thats a funny story about "BHP Billton".... maybe we should make a new skin which lets the viewer customize the header to say whatever they want (whatever project they are currently working on at office)

cya around,
R
Old 26th March 2008, 03:17   #4
BHPian

Welcome on board buddy! Congrats on your new buy too!cheers:
Old 26th March 2008, 06:39   #5
BANNED

Welcome onboard buddie! That's another mallu down the drain.

Get familiarised with the way this forum works and it will be a very pleasurable journey ahead.

Nice choice of a car. Let the mods begin.
There are some very true blue FiAT worshippers here on the forum. I'm sure they'll be here always to guide you.

Cheers,
Zak.
Old 26th March 2008, 11:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on new car.

BTW what kind of ICE setup you put in this car.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mahesh, Nice to have you @ T-BHP!

Congrats on your Palio Stile 1.6! Fantastic choice!
Old 26th March 2008, 12:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome. Congrats for your new car.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:10   #9
BHPian

hey mahesh,

congrats on the stile and on joining the forum dude.

have fun with everyone here - this is one really chilled out forum to stay in.

cheers dude.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:10   #10
BHPian

Welcome Mahesh! Enjoy your stay here. There are a lot of FIAT enthusiasts who would be equallyhappy to have one more of their kind on this forum.

Do not be surprised by any way if you start getting withdrawal symptoms if you are'nt able to visit this site for a day .

Cheers!!
Old 26th March 2008, 12:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP.

And congrats on your new 1.6
Old 26th March 2008, 12:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mahesh, welcome to the team.
I am sure you are accustomed to the wierd looks people give u when they see u browsing through team-bhp with eyes wide open and wide smiles (as if u are watching a p**n site ) heh heh

Have fun .
Cheers,
Samarth
Old 26th March 2008, 12:53   #13
BHPian

Welcome aboard buddy and congrats for your new ride.
Old 27th March 2008, 00:03   #14

maheshwaran,
yappadi ir kin gay.

Note from Mod - Please post in english for the benefit of all members (or provide a translation as well). Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th March 2008 at 05:18. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 27th March 2008, 00:44   #15

Thanks all of you for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Hi Mahesh, Congrats on your new stile, please post some pics if you can. Welcome to tbhp. btw, you haven't mentioned the car in your profile.
Thanks buddy, will update the profile. Had already posted some interior pictures in one of the palio ownership thread. Would add a bit more in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Welcome onboard buddie! That's another mallu down the drain.

Get familiarised with the way this forum works and it will be a very pleasurable journey ahead.

Nice choice of a car. Let the mods begin.
There are some very true blue FiAT worshippers here on the forum. I'm sure they'll be here always to guide you.

Cheers,
Zak.
Thanks Zak, going through the forum I can identify some of the FIAT worshipers here. I am sure you does not include in that list. Regarding mods, I am sure I will not go as far as you went with your Alto .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Congratulations on new car.

BTW what kind of ICE setup you put in this car.
It is very basic with an entry level Alpine HU with JBL GT5 604 amp, GTO 607 components on front and GTO 937 coaxials at rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hi Mahesh, welcome to the team.
I am sure you are accustomed to the wierd looks people give u when they see u browsing through team-bhp with eyes wide open and wide smiles (as if u are watching a p**n site ) heh heh

Have fun .
Cheers,
Samarth
very true, I still remember the day when I laugh out loud while attending a tele conference reading Sam's comment on Zak in one of the Bangalore meet threads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks