Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 19:17   #1
BHPian

Hi BHPians

Feels good being part of Team BHP.
I'm Hari from Chennai, teaching in a college.
Guess I must be among the senior citizens here, if not in the geriatrics ward of TBHP. ( Was 5 when Fangio won his last World Championship)
Owned a few vintage bikes which was maintained by myself. Last one was a rather rare DB32GS which I sold off about 5 years back.
Used to do some R/C aeromodelling years back.
I drive a Peugeot 309 GLD and very soon, shall be selling it off since am buying a Petra. ( Love sharp handling cars)
Regards to all
Hari
Old 13th April 2008, 20:18   #2
BHPian

Hi hari ,

Weclome .. Good to her about the vintage bikes . Do post us some photographs ..

You can visit the rules to start with and also get help on how to post the photos .

Regards.. Kat
Old 14th April 2008, 12:49   #3
BHPian

Hi Kartik,
Thanks. Afraid I have very few of my previous bikes, ie, Sunbeam S8, Bsa 650 SR, Ducati Elite, what remains are photos in the album, as they were taken before digital cameras. Have a few of the Goldie though, which is what you see on my avtar. That was one awesome bike, Dunlop alloy rims, 190mm racing hub upfront, RRT2, 23 Ltr alloy racing tank, and was in full Clubman trim.... I still miss her.
Old 14th April 2008, 13:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Maestro, welcome to the team. That is an incredible collection of bikes you have mentioned.
If possible please scan those pics and post them.We would love to get a glimpse of those beauties.
The petra is a wonderful car, but is it still sold? and please do check the after sales service (A.S.S) so that you dont face too many issues.
Best regards,
Samarth
Old 14th April 2008, 13:16   #5
BHPian

Oh Just dont deprive us of the classic pics.
If you can, please scan them & upload !!
cheers:
Old 14th April 2008, 13:20   #6
BHPian

Welcome ,

Yea would love to see those vintage ca pics.

I have heard a lot about puegot and it did not work inspite of bieng good. Is that true ?

Why stick to Fiat for new car ?
Old 16th April 2008, 08:35   #7
BHPian

Shall upload pics of the GS soon.Gotta ask wifey to dig thru the albums for the S8 and A10 650 SR. I know I dont have any pics of the Elite, that bike had too many electrical probs, while I owned it, I spent more time working on it than at home. Ditto for the Velo LE watercooled, though I know it was lying in bits and pieces somewhere at a friends house when I moved from Bombay to Calcutta. (Did not use it much, the Reg number was BMU 13 and friends tended to rearrange the alphabets!)

To answer rash28 and sammyboy
The Peugeot was a great vehicle killed by poor A.S.S. among other factors.
Guess the Petra is about the same, as far as service is concerned. Am picking up a used one as I feel confident enough to keep it running well. Also it is one of the few vehicles where the price hits the sweet spot of about 40% initial value in 3 years.
The extra weight we know about also translates to immense structural rigidity, (good handling, less flexion, less wear and tear, less noise, less stress corrosion).
So overall, a good purchase as I intend to keep it for abt 7 years. That's what I did to my GLD.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks