Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 21:21   #1

Hello Everyone

I got introduced to this site when i was searching for information related to Palio stile 1.6
I am very much impressed with the stuffs presented here.

I am planning to buy a car next month, so have started to gather all the relevant info i may need to get the right car.

My priority list was-

Palio stile 1.6 sport (great price, sound engine, power, stability, great looks)
Logan 1.4 (spacious, good price, good mileage)
Swift 1.3 (better A.S.S, good mileage, great looks, better resale value )

With great courage i have decided now to go with the Palio 1.6

Anyways i am looking forward to more information and advice from you guys to own my first car. My earlier driven car was Maruti 800. I have also driven Estilo and TD SX4.

I have already TD Palio stile 1.6 (Ferari Red). The car looks awesome and the drive was pretty good. Could not experience all the aspects of the car in short span of the drive. But did flirt with the car on the higher rpm. The car responded very well. Definetly there is a big difference between Maruti 800 and Palio 1.6. Comparing the acceleration with Sx4 (no plan to buy ) i did not find much difference.

My concern with Palio is that i dont see them at all in Banglore. Most of the time when i am driving my bike, i am eagerly watching to see a Ferari red.
To buy this beauty i would like to know from you guys more about-
  1. improvement in A.S.S after TATA have partnered with Fiat, is really showing or its still a fairy tale.
  2. what all accessories i can get free while booking the car.
  3. Anything else i need to check about the car before making the payment.
Currently i am working in Software company. My passion about cars is also someway related to my job. I write software for electronics in the car like Body control module, Immobiliser, Remote keyless entry, Blind spot detection. But have very less info\knowledge on the mechanics or engine of a car or how it works. I am certain that with you guys i would enjoy the journey in sharing and knowing new things about the automotive world.

Thats all from side. Hope to hear from BHPians soon!!

regards
onwheels
Old 18th April 2008, 11:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi onwheels, welcome to the team. So another 1.6 palio owner joins the club
There are a lot of us here who love the 1.6 ( i have an ikon btw but love the palio 1.6)and I am sure you will have great company to exchange information with.
Do post your experiences(in the relevant thread) and pics of your car.
HAve a great stay here and do familiarize yourself with the forum rules.
Cheers!

Last edited by sammyboy : 18th April 2008 at 11:10. Reason: addition
Old 19th April 2008, 10:59   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, onwheels! A red Palio 1.6 looks hot and goes like stink....we have a great amount of ownership reviews which will tell you more about the bitter-sweet experience to expect. Please search through the forums for more information.

Also, do visit our board rules section to get familiar with our forum policies.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks