Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2005, 18:10   #1
BHPian

Greetings from Sikkim!

Hi Everybody!

Finally!! Finally a site that I can relate to!!

This is Wongchuk from Sikkim!

I've been getting waylaid from my work for the last two weeks or so since I came upon this excellent site! Been eagerly lapping up all the info. on new cars, reviews, road tests, accessories etc, etc.. Real Good Job, guys, really, really impressive!

As for me, I've got a Travel House- trying to scratch a living by conning poor suckers like U into visiting my primitive, rain soaked, leech infested countryside and sending everyone up into the mountains in the spirit of adventure as I all the way to the bank.
I'm majorly, heavily into cars, bikes, sports- Martial Arts (Taekwondo to be specific!), Girls, Music, ummm did I mention girls?

I've got an Enfield 350 (My Eighth Bullet since High school!) This is an old one, kept in painstakingly spanking top condition for my daily morning rides to practise and to zoom about in town when traffic's heavy and a prehistoric Gypsy with a noisy gearbox, torn silencer, leaking softtop and a wheezing engine. And an attitude problem when confronted with slight inclines. Am planning to sell it to the Kabadiwallas within the next month to make way for my new set of wheels!
Actually came upon this site as I was doing research for a new car within my rather high expectations and my rather tame resources - (BHP/ Rupees). After reading all the material here, feel like I've returned to my Home planet after a lifetime of living amongst the heathens who's favourite words, when talking about vehicles seem to be stuff like "Average" and "Mileage" and who ALL unanamously feel that a Maruti Omni and a Tata Spacio are the best inventions since the round wheel!!
Was feeling very lonely! Great to have found U guys

Moderators, be warned that I plan to ask a ton of silly questions and grill everybody around in the coming weeks as I take up my quest to search for the perfect NEW car! Never had the pleasure of going to a showroom and picking up a brand new car. Been driving a spate of second hand and hand-me-down Maruti 800s, Gypsys and Mahindra Boleros throughout my sorry existence. So, I'm gonna bug One and All. Bear with me, please.

My Dream Machine (Realistically thinking) - A Skoda Octavia Turbo RS, but then, for that I'll have to con a lot more suckers.

Cheers,

Puffy.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2005, 23:42   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Puffy,

A warm welcome to ya. I can tell its going to be great having you here.

GTO
Old 9th February 2005, 01:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Puffy

Welcome to the gang .. The RS is a dream machine to many of us as it is to you

Enjoy!!!

Dippy
Old 9th February 2005, 01:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome buddy...You will know what car is best for you in just a couple f days...Im sure..he he..
Old 9th February 2005, 07:43   #5
Team-BHP Support

Puff the magic dragon (don't remember whose song though. Do you?) Welcome.

Sevoke Road-Teesta Bazaar bridge- kissing Rongpo-Singtham-Gangtok..
Have done this route many times and with my Amby.

Down memory lane..those days. In cheap hotels and when with little better finacial situation, Norkhil.

How are the roads now? Sikkim is the the jewel in the crown of India. Do you still see that written on the rocks? Roads are any better towards Rumtek?

God, my questions are not going to stop.. Write quickly. Send photos of your battered Gypsy shot against Nathula border....
Old 9th February 2005, 08:12   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey Puff!

Welcome aboard man!

Quote:
As for me, I've got a Travel House- trying to scratch a living by conning poor suckers like U into visiting my primitive, rain soaked, leech infested countryside and sending everyone up into the mountains in the spirit of adventure as I all the way to the bank.
Lol, even after that description i wouldnt mind being one of those suckers!

Man, you must have some awesome pictures eh? how about sharing them?
Also, start up a new thread about what cars your considering etc etc!

cya around!
R
Old 9th February 2005, 08:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Puff the magic dragon (don't remember whose song though. Do you?) Welcome.

Sevoke Road-Teesta Bazaar bridge- kissing Rongpo-Singtham-Gangtok..
Have done this route many times and with my Amby.

Down memory lane..those days. In cheap hotels and when with little better finacial situation, Norkhil.

Peter, Paul and Mary...also sang leaving on a jet plane

Any way welcome to the forum. I have had many happy memories of Sikkim when I visitied the place to try and turn around Sikkim Jewels (does it still exist?).
Old 9th February 2005, 09:24   #8
BHPian

U'r 8th bullet since high school, wow. I'm still not able to get enough money to buy one.. Damn..... Boy, u'r one lucky fella... Would luv to see the pics of u'r beauty... And gypsy is one mean mahine dude...
And after reading u'r post i understand that u'r favourite word is - 'suckers'.. LOL.....
Riding as bullet up there in Sikkim would be quite an exciting experience.. You may not find so cos u'v been there for long but I definetly feel its gona be one hellowa ride....
By the way welcome to tbhp....
Hope to see pics of u'r rides with some scenic places of sikkim at the backdrop...Are there places ther which are not scenic, really dont think so??

_Cheers_
Old 9th February 2005, 09:40   #9
Team-BHP Support

welkome puffy... now i know whom to call when i feel like doing the mountain route
Old 9th February 2005, 10:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
welkome puffy... now i know whom to call when i feel like doing the mountain route
hehe... and now i know whom to call when i need some Shangri La!

Welcome aboard, Puffy.
Old 9th February 2005, 12:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

hey pff dragon,
welcum to tbhp.
what will be your next set of wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy
a prehistoric Gypsy with a noisy gearbox, torn silencer
BTW many of us have our exhausts sounding as if its torn.

cheers,
satya
Old 9th February 2005, 12:48   #12
BHPian

TBHP is really going places..welcome puffy..you can ask all the questions you want as long as you can handle the many TBHP answers!!!...would love to visit your part of the country, have been meaning to do it for a while now.
Old 9th February 2005, 16:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard puffy!
8th Bullet you own now! wow thats a lot a Bullets you have owned there!!
Anyways, Enjoy your stay!
Old 9th February 2005, 20:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard pal.Heard a lot bout Sikkim and its beauty.
And wit a known motorhead living there,wud like to be there soon.

X
Old 10th February 2005, 12:20   #15
BHPian

Heeyyyy Everybody,
Thanx All for the heartwarming welcome. This feels GREAT!!
Hmmmm, Lotsa folks wanna come up here,huh? Looks like i'm gonna have to forget about the Getz/ Esteem and start setting my sights on a Baleno!! Hyuk,Hyuk.... Gonna be conning time!!
Seriously fellows, everybody's most welcome to come at these parts, whenever. Just call me and I'll see what I can do. Am I going ?
Anyway, gonna post pics of my bike and the "Moses" soon as I get the hang of working this pic posting thingee.
Am Pretty busy right now, wot with my (Tibetean) New Year & stuff, couple of days and I''ll start grilling everybody with questions like, " I know, but what does it feeeelll like?" and "Why does it thud instead of Rumbling?".....
See Ya guys,

Hang Loose!
Puff.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed