Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 10:15   #1
BHPian

Here am I

Hi Guys,

It been more than 6 months and 100 post since I joined at TBHP;

I am 37, raised and bred in the Financial Capital (Bombay) and moved to the Garden City 10 years ago on a company transfer. I work for a large IT organization but I am not an IT professional. I am part of the support structure of the organization. My family in Bangalore is just my better half and my 7+ year old daughter. My daughter is a car buff and wants to design automobiles when she grows up.

I bought my 1st self paid bike in 1992 it was a Ind Suzuki in Mumbai; after I moved to Bangalore I went in for a Kinetic Honda in 2000; still have this one. In Aug 2003 I brought my first car a second hand Maruti Zen 1995 model, which I still have it tugged away at my wife’s native, Then a Wagon R VXI in 2005 (sold recently); Esteem VXI in 2005 (exchanged it for Baleno) and Baleno VXI in 2006. The Wagon R has fond memories as it was a travel car for us and we have made lot of road trips to Shimoga, Mangalore, Waynad, Coorg, Bandipur, Mumbai etc. Apart from Travel, I enjoying reading and listening to Country & Rock Music.

I don’t have much know how about Automobiles, hence I am here to observe, absorb, understand, and learn. My little one too checks the site to check out what are the new launches and pics. Samurai’s thread on his GV and Akroy’s travelogues are a big hit with her. Sam I haven’t introduced her to your Yeti Blogs as she is on Vacation and has no access to the net.

I stumbled upon T-BHP in an internal forum of my organization and there has been no stopping from there on.

Looking forward for a long and exciting journey with TBHP

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th April 2008 at 11:26. Reason: Formatting tags removed.
Old 25th April 2008, 11:14   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Hi Guys,

It been more than 6 months and 100 post since I joined at TBHP;

I am 37, raised and bred in the Financial Capital (Bombay) and moved to the Garden City 10 years ago on a company transfer. I work for a large IT organization but I am not an IT professional. I am part of the support structure of the organization. My family in Bangalore is just my better half and my 7+ year old daughter. My daughter is a car buff and wants to design automobiles when she grows up.

I bought my 1st self paid bike in 1992 it was a Ind Suzuki in Mumbai; after I moved to Bangalore I went in for a Kinetic Honda in 2000; still have this one. In Aug 2003 I brought my first car a second hand Maruti Zen 1995 model, which I still have it tugged away at my wife’s native, Then a Wagon R VXI in 2005 (sold recently); Esteem VXI in 2005 (exchanged it for Baleno) and Baleno VXI in 2006. The Wagon R has fond memories as it was a travel car for us and we have made lot of road trips to Shimoga, Mangalore, Waynad, Coorg, Bandipur, Mumbai etc. Apart from Travel, I enjoying reading and listening to Country & Rock Music.

I don’t have much know how about Automobiles, hence I am here to observe, absorb, understand, and learn. My little one too checks the site to check out what are the new launches and pics. Samurai’s thread on his GV and Akroy’s travelogues are a big hit with her. Sam I haven’t introduced her to your Yeti Blogs as she is on Vacation and has no access to the net.

I stumbled upon T-BHP in an internal forum of my organization and there has been no stopping from there on.

Looking forward for a long and exciting journey with TBHP
Welcome. Glad to have you in the 'garage'.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th April 2008 at 11:26. Reason: Formatting tags removed from quoted post.
Old 25th April 2008, 13:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Another Baleno owner on the forum. Welcome buddy.

BTW, you have gone through 4 cars in just 4.5 years. Hmm. You seem to change your cars a lot. And you seem like a Suzuki buff too - Zen -> WagonR -> Esteem -> Baleno.

Given the short time frame for which you hold your cars, it is time for the next change. What next ? The SX4 or the Grand Vitara ?
Old 25th April 2008, 15:52   #4
BHPian

Thanks Netchef and SupremeBaleno

Yes lot of change in 4.5 years I am surprised myself I still have the Zen, The Esteem 2005 i got it for no cost so i exchanged it for the Baleno as i did not want to change ownership.

No plans to change cars for now, I have the Baleno which i always wanted to own. I am a Suzuki buff and yes i am eyeing for a GV but not so soon may take few more years to reach there.
Old 25th April 2008, 16:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Thanks Netchef and SupremeBaleno

Yes lot of change in 4.5 years I am surprised myself I still have the Zen, The Esteem 2005 i got it for no cost so i exchanged it for the Baleno as i did not want to change ownership.

No plans to change cars for now, I have the Baleno which i always wanted to own. I am a Suzuki buff and yes i am eyeing for a GV but not so soon may take few more years to reach there.

Hey, Hurrycane12. 'Twas a good point by SupremeBaleno. I missed that fact. Not many brands today can boast of loyalists such as yourself. If monsieurs Maruti, Suzuki & Sons find you, they aught to give you a medal and feature you in their Hall of Fame. Not to forget giving you a set of new wheels, gratis.
BTW, the GV is way out of my reach. but would you know of any old Vitaras for sale? How much do they fetch?
Old 25th April 2008, 16:25   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Hurrycane, have a nice time on Team-BHP.
Old 25th April 2008, 16:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome hurrycane , reminds me of sugarcane .
Old 25th April 2008, 17:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
the GV is way out of my reach. but would you know of any old Vitaras for sale? How much do they fetch?
havent given a thought about changing wheels so far; will check out with me pals in Mandovi about second sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Welcome hurrycane , reminds me of sugarcane .
Hey that rhymes very well did not give a thought earlier

Thanks Sam.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th April 2008 at 04:16. Reason: Merged.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks