Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 07:51   #1
BHPian

Hello from LA!

Hi everyone! Don’t be confused by the thread title, I am nowhere near Los Angeles. It’s my name, Santhosh L.A. Friends call me L A. I don't really look my age even though I am 30 years old.

I have been an active visitor of Team BHP for the past 1 year, and I registered recently. This forum is full of information and I am amazed.

Telecom engineer by profession, I am a Bangalore resident, working in a place called Nanjing in China. It was the old capital of China. It’s a beautiful and calm city. Am here from the past 2 years.

I am crazy about cars and bikes, even busses and trucks. Here in Nanjing I have the privilege of looking at, if not driving, the cars of manufacturers like-Porsche, BMW, Audi, Volkswagen, Lexus, Mercedes, Volvo and many more.

Most of my college life has been spent outdoors, on a bike or in a car, doing pleasure trips and racing. My first two-wheeler was a Bajaj Chetak, somehow forced and pampered my father to buy me one in high school itself. Then in college, bought a brand new Suzuki Shogun. I was crazy about this bike. Used to rip it like hell. I loved speed. I and my friends, all moto and racing freaks, used to always race. Racing in Chamundi Hills and Kallatti Ghats used to be fun and thrilling. Most of the times used to sit in the garage getting the alterations done for these rips.

I had competed in many dirt track and hill climb events and have won some. I was also interested in rallies. But never could participate in any because of the engineering career. In total I have owned 3 Suzuki Shoguns and 3 Yamaha RX-100s.

My first car was a Maruti Esteem, had it for 3 years and then sold it and bought a Cielo, also had it for 3 years. I am a big fan and crazy of ICE. I had a setup of around 1 lakh rupees in my Esteem and then in the Cielo. All equipment sold now though.

Planning to return to Bangalore in August this year for good. Am thinking of buying a hatch after I return. Presently I have a 2005 model Bajaj Discover back home.

I appreciate this outstanding forum very much and am proud to be a part of it. See you all around. cheers:
Regards.
Old 29th April 2008, 09:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi & Welcome to the Forum

Interesting intro!! You sound like a Santosh I know.. did you hang around with Suppa(Sujit Kambli) during iSeva days?

-Anirudh
Old 29th April 2008, 09:27   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
Hi everyoneIt’s my name, Santhosh L.A. Friends call me L A.
Regards.
Hey hey Santhosh L.A., welcome to Team-BHP.

It's the obvious next question and I'll be the one to pop it. Why do they call you L.A.?
Old 29th April 2008, 11:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

It's the obvious next question and I'll be the one to pop it. Why do they call you L.A.?
Thats probably his initials. Most of us South Indians abbreviate our last names like that.
Old 29th April 2008, 14:37   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hi & Welcome to the Forum

Interesting intro!! You sound like a Santosh I know.. did you hang around with Suppa(Sujit Kambli) during iSeva days?

-Anirudh
I don't think I am the Santosh you know. Anyway, I am happy to make your acquaintance. Thanks for the welcome message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Hey Sam, I was just curious to know, are you putting a musical tone when you say, Hey hey Santhosh L.A., which would sound something like, Hey hey Balle balle

And about your question, Santhosh L.A. is my official name and as mentioned by phantom76, L.A. is my abbreviated last name.
Maybe friends feel comfortable calling me L.A., rather than Santhosh.

Thanks for your welcome note, cheers.
Old 29th April 2008, 14:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In total I have owned 3 Suzuki Shoguns and 3 Yamaha RX-100s.

My first car was a Maruti Esteem, had it for 3 years and then sold it and bought a Cielo, also had it for 3 years. .
Hey Santosh L.A , welcome to team bhp. That was a nice intro.
Just curious , is 3 your lucky number?

Welcome and have fun
Old 29th April 2008, 15:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, Dolphin.

Quote:
Telecom engineer by profession, I am a Bangalore resident, working in a place called Nanjing in China.
Are you with ZTE's R&D Unit by any chance?

Quote:
Racing in Chamundi Hills and Kallatti Ghats used to be fun and thrilling. Most of the times used to sit in the garage getting the alterations done for these rips.
Hmmmm...if you are of the same vintage, you may know Ananth Kamath a.k.a the pipefather who was also busy tearing up and down those hills when he was in Mysore.
Old 30th April 2008, 08:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Santosh L.A , welcome to team bhp. That was a nice intro.
Just curious , is 3 your lucky number?

Welcome and have fun
Hey sammyboy, nice observation there, I never noticed it!
And 3 is not my lucky number, its just pure coincidence. BTW I don't have any lucky numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome, Dolphin.

Are you with ZTE's R&D Unit by any chance?.
Bingo!! How did you guess? Do you have friends working in ZTE?

Quote:
Hmmmm...if you are of the same vintage, you may know Ananth Kamath a.k.a the pipefather who was also busy tearing up and down those hills when he was in Mysore.
Hmmm I don’t remember anyone by that name. Maybe we were of different vintage. I was into all this racing stuff from 1994 to 1997.

@sammyboy and @steeroid thanks for the welcome note.
Old 30th April 2008, 10:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bingo!! How did you guess? Do you have friends working in ZTE?
Well there are no other telecom majors with any sort of facility in Nanjing. Huawei isnt based there, and we know most of the ZTE "development" (or as the Nokia guys say, ZTE's Xerox unit) chinks come from Nanjing.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th April 2008 at 10:35.
Old 1st May 2008, 15:26   #10
BHPian

Hi ,

Weclome Santosh LA .. I am sure you will have a great time here ...

Regards .. Kat
Old 1st May 2008, 19:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi Santosh,

Welcome to T-BHP!!
Like you I have also been visiting T-BHP for quite a while and registered recently. Shogun was one fine machine which could give RX-100 fierce competition and I have always loved both those legendary bikes.

Regards
Abhi
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:16   #12
BHPian

Hey Santosh
Post some pictures of your rides in the team-bhp garage, if you can.

And welcome to the forum.

Sujay
Old 4th May 2008, 08:03   #13
BHPian

Thank you all!

Quote:
Well there are no other telecom majors with any sort of facility in Nanjing. Huawei isnt based there, and we know most of the ZTE "development" (or as the Nokia guys say, ZTE's Xerox unit) chinks come from Nanjing.
Hey Steeroid, Huawei does have a R&D facility in Nanjing. I have some Indian friends working there.
I know what the Nokia and Ericsson people say, but believe me its not that bad.
And ZTE has 6-7 R&D centers in China, its entire manufacturing and production takes place only in Shenzhen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Hi ,

Weclome Santosh LA .. I am sure you will have a great time here ...

Regards .. Kat
Hi Kartik, I sure will have a great time here.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hi Santosh,

Welcome to T-BHP!!
Like you I have also been visiting T-BHP for quite a while and registered recently. Shogun was one fine machine which could give RX-100 fierce competition and I have always loved both those legendary bikes.

Regards
Abhi
What you said is right as rain! The sad thing is, we get to see very less of Shoguns and RX-100s these days, they sure are depleting.
Thanks for the welcome note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Hey Santosh
Post some pictures of your rides in the team-bhp garage, if you can.

And welcome to the forum.

Sujay
Hi, Sujay! I don’t have the photos with me right now. Will sure display them soon.
Thanks for the welcome note buddy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks