Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2008, 02:40   #1

Traveler (or Driver?) by nature

Hello Everyone!
I stumbled on this wonderful site while searching for information, during my recent quest to own a Gypsy. The knowledge base and this community is -- 'Awesome'.

I'm 26, computer programmer by profession, and based in Delhi region.

I currently own a WagonR 2001, and recently bought a Gypsy King 2003 model. I bought the Gypsy to help me pursue my passion of traveling to off beat places (especially in Himalayas), and because there is none other like it. . I also plan to go for Raid De Himalaya this year. (As a side note, i really liked Sideway's detailed account of his adventure when he won the reliability trial in 2006)

My longest road trip has been Delhi - Bangalore, 3500 Kms, spread over 10 days in my WagonR.

I also blog on my website http://assorted.in, with a section dedicated to rallying and one on travel to be added soon.

Looking forward to learn more from the experienced people here, and share my knowledge as well.

Cheers!
Aditya
Old 4th May 2008, 08:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, Aditya.
I share the same love of the mountains and am one who thoroughly enjoyed (many years ago) a Gypsy 1000 for nearly 8 years! My love is travelling/touring, but not rallying. However, I've made my little contribution to your Gypsy King thread.

I sometimes wonder about myself too - traveller or driver, by nature!

Last edited by anupmathur : 4th May 2008 at 08:27.
Old 6th May 2008, 12:02   #3

Thanks, Anup. Good to know we share the same interests. I would look forward to interacting more with everyone here.
Old 6th May 2008, 12:12   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

welcome aditya - I also love the hilly areas and mountains since I lived most of my life on tea estates and school also in the hills in South India -

whenever you feel like hopping into your gyp and making one of those long distance trips coming this side, let me know (though it is a bit of a haul from there!)

wish you all the best with the gyp - on your travels !
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.b View Post
Thanks, Anup. Good to know we share the same interests. I would look forward to interacting more with everyone here.
Old 6th May 2008, 12:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Aditya - there are many here with restless feet (tyres?) so you feel at home. Quite a lot of us like to drive out (on fairly longish trips) on the spur of the moment.

All the best with your Gypsy.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:18   #6

@shankar.balan
I spent a couple of years in Bangalore, and loved the bit of travel i did around it. Another Gyp trip to Bangalore seems a bit improbable for now, but i won't rule it out! Thanks for your warm welcome.

@Steeroid
Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks