Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 20:39   #1
BHPian

Hello BHPians - Max

Hi Guys,

This is Max( real name Mayank)..am 27 yr IT guy old working for a company in US. Came here last year...whenever I got time I used to get on to BHP and feel whats hapenning back home..Finally I have joined BHP now..will try to contribute to the best of my knowledge..
I used to stay in Dehradun /Delhi when I was in India..
Had a modified shogun with Power throttle and a KRP Expansion kit.After an minor accident I modified it more and fitted a CBZ's disc breaks set.

I also had Hyundai Accent with two Woof (Pioneer) Aloy's etc.....

When I go back from here I will buy the new Yamaha R1 which is I believe now avaiable in India for a little over 11 lacs.....

That's about me in short..

So ALOHA guys ..

Max cheers:
Old 9th May 2008, 21:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard,Mayank..
Would be a fun thing to have..the R1. Probably my next bike,if I don't change my mind ..

Drive safe!
Old 9th May 2008, 23:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Max,

Welcome aboard and hope you will have fun here. Man Shogun is one mean machine. And a power throttle and expansion kit would have done wonders to an already powerful bike. Stock Shoguns could give RX100 a run for their money during its hay days. Sad that the production of both the bikes stopped but thats the way evolution is i guess.. So we got to keep moving on!!
Old 10th May 2008, 00:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hey Max,

Welcome aboard and hope you will have fun here. Man Shogun is one mean machine. And a power throttle and expansion kit would have done wonders to an already powerful bike. Stock Shoguns could give RX100 a run for their money during its hay days. Sad that the production of both the bikes stopped but thats the way evolution is i guess.. So we got to keep moving on!!
Absolutely..I still remember the thrust and the wheelies I used to do..well when I think of it now..It was scary...I remember also putting a small 18 inch yezdi rim and tyre..which actually gave it more stability and a large yamaha spocket for more pickup...Dude once I took it for service to the Suzuki showroom ...the guy(main mechanic) and I quote called my bike
" goli hai yeah to"

I also remeber while driving in dehradun ..I used to slow down and come up equal on other shogun/yamaha bikes...try to match their speed ...while they tried to show up their shoguns/ yamaha... unknowingly..that my baby was a hot rod...I used to then pull up to grear 3 ..raise my power throttle ...front type in air for a while...then zooooom past them ....ahhh that was fun........

Max

Note from Mod : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as required by the Team-BHP rules. Typing..like...this..is...not...allowed and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th May 2008 at 01:13. Reason: Please see note in post!
Old 10th May 2008, 14:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
I remember also putting a small 18 inch yezdi rim and tyre..which actually gave it more stability and a large yamaha spocket for more pickup...Dude once I took it for service to the Suzuki showroom ...the guy(main mechanic) and I quote called my bike
" goli hai yeah to"

I also remeber while driving in dehradun ..I used to slow down and come up equal on other shogun/yamaha bikes...try to match their speed ...while they tried to show up their shoguns/ yamaha... unknowingly..that my baby was a hot rod...I used to then pull up to grear 3 ..raise my power throttle ...front type in air for a while...then zooooom past them ....ahhh that was fun........

Max
18 inchers!! man, the bike would be rock solid even at 120-130 kmph. You had one hell of a bike i must say. Do you still have it or did you sell it off before leaving India. Because its a classic bike and ideally even if you are not using it, best to have it by following some instructions to maintain it when not in use. You can never get one like that even if you do your head in to find one!! Well you can start a thread in the motorbikes section stating "My fully modded Shogun" What say..??
Old 13th May 2008, 00:14   #6
BHPian

There you go. We can discuss shogun modifications here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ification.html

cheers:
Old 13th May 2008, 02:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
There you go. We can discuss shogun modifications here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ification.html

cheers:
Wow mate! That was quick.. Cool.. You can bet i will be there regularly!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed