Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 11:32   #1

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa

Hello everyone!

It is nice to be a member of this online club of automobile enthusiasts which I really came upon by chance when searching for the contact details of the Beetle Club in Bangalore.

Going through the website in general and the rules of etiquette in particular, I felt that this would be the ideal platform to share views with other automobile lovers in India.

My brother Clyde and I have been ardent enthusiasts since childhood. Born and educated in Bombay, we moved to Mysore in 1989 which is now our home.

We have a TATA Indica and two Indigos which are maintained in pristine condition. My Indica bought in October 2002 looks like she just rolled off the production line even today. She received special recognition at the Customer Meet 2006 jointly organised by TATA Motors and Urs Kar Service Centre Pvt. Ltd. (Mysore Dealers).

Before changing over to TATA cars, Clyde and I owned the best kept Contessa Classics in India.

Our love for automobiles goes further - Clyde and I have also co-founded Autofest City, India's largest collection of true-scale model miniatures spanning over 125 years of automotive history.

Autofest City has made it to the Limca Book of Records since 2006. Last year we were honoured when the Book featured us under the Museum Section. If you would like to view some of our scale models please write to me at neiltopaz@yahoo.com and I will send you our web-album link as I do not know if it is permitted to put the link here.

I hope this forum will give me an opportunity to interact with many other genuine automobile enthusiasts in our country.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-profile-pic.jpg  

Old 21st May 2008, 12:25   #2
BANNED

Welcome Neil, you are going to love this place. And the community would indeed be richer with your experiences too.

Welcome again and please do post the link for the scale models. There is even a thread dedicated for Scale models.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Neil and Clyde What a surprise How have you guys been? Do you remember me? Dippy. I guess I contributed a 1:18 Enzo and the Mustang to your collection.

Its so good to hear from you again . Hope you remember me and the name clicks. Do check out the scale model thread and yes your collection pictures will be enjoyed by all of us here.

You got two more Tatas. Hows that for a Tata Fan club?

Last edited by Dippy : 21st May 2008 at 12:33.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:22   #4

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And yes, we do remember Dippy, an old friend from Mumbai and Patron of Autofest City too!

Here is the link to our scale model collection:
Picasa Web Albums - Autofest City - I...

Will you be able to guide me to locate the thread for scale models on this website?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:22   #5
BANNED

@Neil: Here you go http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...el-thread.html
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltopaz View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And yes, we do remember Dippy, an old friend from Mumbai and Patron of Autofest City too!

Here is the link to our scale model collection:
Picasa Web Albums - Autofest City - I...

Will you be able to guide me to locate the thread for scale models on this website?

Thanks in advance.
Glad to have you onboard. As you see Spitfire has provided the link to the Model Thread . Eagerly awaiting your contributions there
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:02   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome D'Costa brothers. Something about Parsi's & Christian's, and the way they maintain their machines....the attention to detail is astounding. Congratulations to the two of you on Autofest's record holding position. Feel free to post a link to your photo album here itself or, alternatively, you may upload pictures (via our attachment system). But that surely deserves an independent thread.

Please do take a quick detour to the board rules section too. See you around the forum!

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2008 at 16:19.
Old 24th May 2008, 10:10   #8

Thanks!!

Thanks GTO for your warm welcome and words of appreciation! Our cars have always been our greatest treasures. In Mysore we have an opportunity to maintain them to the best standards and we spare no efforts to keep them that way. Here are a few pictures of our cars (past and present):
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-neils-1989-kinetic-honda-dx.jpg  

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-clydes-1993-kinetic-honda-dx.jpg  

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-neils-1988-contessa-classic-2.0dl.jpg  

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-clydes-1988-contessa-classic-2.0dl.jpg  

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-our-1988-contessa-classics-our-home-mysore.jpg  

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-neils-2002-tata-indica-v2-dle-deena.jpg  

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-neils-2002-tata-indica-v2-dle-deena-2.jpg  

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-neils-2005-tata-indigo-ls-tdi.jpg  

Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa-all-our-tata-cars-fitted-aura-alloys.jpg  

Old 24th May 2008, 10:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Whoa the cars are indeed in pristine condition hats off Neil

I especially loved the shining Indica.

Is the front HM logo OEM on the Contessa?
Old 24th May 2008, 11:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures of the cars Neil. I think I may have some pictures of your collection on my HHD which had mailed me. Do you mind if I post them in the Scale Model Thread?
Old 24th May 2008, 12:16   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Whoa the cars are indeed in pristine condition hats off Neil

I especially loved the shining Indica.

Is the front HM logo OEM on the Contessa?
The Indica is very special. I received her after a long wait - 21 days from the date of booking. What's more my wife had just agreed to my proposal and TATA's dealers phoned me a short while thereafter on the same day to inform me that the car was finally received. That was 21st October 2002.

So I've named my Indica after my wife, Deena. My Indica is now known by one and all by that name. The car received special recognition by TATA Motors and their dealers at Mysore during their Customer Meet 2006.

All our cars have received 3M detailing which really makes them shine. And of course, they are always parked in the shade. At the office, I have a cloth cover too.

The HM logo was designed by my brother Clyde. We had them on both our Contessa Classics. We came to be known in Mysore by those shields on our grilles - many times getting the right of way through traffic - the cops assumed we were some Govt. hotshots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice pictures of the cars Neil. I think I may have some pictures of your collection on my HHD which had mailed me. Do you mind if I post them in the Scale Model Thread?
Thanks a lot!! Please post the car pics as you wish.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2008 at 20:31. Reason: Merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button - read about "quoting multiple posts" in the Team-BHP FAQ that you can find on the top bar. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks