Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 13:56   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP !

A big hello to everyone on the forum. I stumbled accross this site while researching my new purchase (a white chevrolet spark LS, delivery expected on saturday 7 june 08).

A bit about myself;

I am a 32 year old industrial designer. I live in Pune. I have been obsessed with veteran/ vintage/ classic cars for as long as I can remember. So far I have only been able to indulge in collecting and building scale models. As my screen name suggests, the 15cv is one of my alltime favourite cars.

I also collect and (try to, might I add!) restore antique watches. This new obsession had almost sidelined my interest in old cars (the wife says I have too many hobbies), till I came accross this forum. I am amazed by the depth of knowledge here.

I also like dogs (Brute, a boxer, is 11 and still behaves like a 2 year old), music & history.

I look forward to contribute to this excellent forum !!
TractionAvant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2008, 14:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the the forum and thats a nice hobby of restoring antique watches. Read through the forum rules about postings and have a wonderful stay here. Better late than Never and you will certainly enjoy it here.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Another addition to the Pune oldie lovers, great!

Welcome aboard, and share with us ome of your experiences on scale model building. You will find an active community here.
Old 6th June 2008, 09:37   #4
BHPian

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will post some pics of my scale models soon
Old 7th June 2008, 20:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractionAvant View Post
A big hello to everyone on the forum. I stumbled accross this site while researching my new purchase (a white chevrolet spark LS, delivery expected on saturday 7 june 08).

A bit about myself;

I am a 32 year old industrial designer. I live in Pune. I have been obsessed with veteran/ vintage/ classic cars for as long as I can remember. So far I have only been able to indulge in collecting and building scale models. As my screen name suggests, the 15cv is one of my alltime favourite cars.

I also collect and (try to, might I add!) restore antique watches. This new obsession had almost sidelined my interest in old cars (the wife says I have too many hobbies), till I came accross this forum. I am amazed by the depth of knowledge here.

I also like dogs (Brute, a boxer, is 11 and still behaves like a 2 year old), music & history.

I look forward to contribute to this excellent forum !!
Hi, Nice to know that you are a scale model collector and also interested in Vintage and Classic vehicles. I am also a scale modeller and a collector too.I should be having around 200 of them in all scales.The latest is a huge(3ft in length) 1:5 Radio controlled 1938 Mercedes Benz 540K Roadster, a stunning beauty. Shall post pics soon. Incidently, I am also a collector of Vintage vehicles of which I have 6 cars and 4 bikes, one of which is a 1946 TRACTION AVANT which happens to be your favorite car.
See some of my scale models and Vintage Cars in my photosite:
S.Srivardhan's Photographs :: Fotopic.Net
Srivardhan's Vintage Vehicles :: Fotopic.Net

Yes,an excellent forum this! as it brings together like minds !
Old 9th June 2008, 17:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussey View Post
Hi, Nice to know that you are a scale model collector and also interested in Vintage and Classic vehicles. I am also a scale modeller and a collector too.I should be having around 200 of them in all scales.The latest is a huge(3ft in length) 1:5 Radio controlled 1938 Mercedes Benz 540K Roadster, a stunning beauty. Shall post pics soon. Incidently, I am also a collector of Vintage vehicles of which I have 6 cars and 4 bikes, one of which is a 1946 TRACTION AVANT which happens to be your favorite car.
See some of my scale models and Vintage Cars in my photosite:
S.Srivardhan's Photographs :: Fotopic.Net
Srivardhan's Vintage Vehicles :: Fotopic.Net

Yes,an excellent forum this! as it brings together like minds !
Thats a beautiful Traction Dussey !!

Do you use it regularly? It must be very difficult to maintain. And 200 models! WOW. I only have about 50, most of which are unbuilt kits
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks