Team-BHP - Hi all u speed freaks
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi all u speed freaks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/4069-hi-all-u-speed-freaks.html)

Hi all u speed freaks,

As my name suggests, I love bikes, but that does not mean I love cars any less !
It's just that I'm not rich enough to fulfill my dreams of owning a snazzy sports car.
However I did satisfy my lust for speed and acceleration by buying a Honda CBR 600 F2 about 4 months back.
After all it does give me the acceleration of a Lamborghini at a fraction of the cost. lol:

I've owned a car for about 8 years and my current car is the 1.6 ZXI. Why the zxi ? Well, with 92 bhp, it's the most powerful car in the price range that I could afford (other than the Palio which I wasn't keen on) :D

I've been a member of xbhp for many months & that is how I came to know about this site. I've been reading the posts for quite some time and finally decided to become a member. As I noticed, there a few other familiar members from xbhp at this site.

I stay in Navi Mumbai.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard pal.revv ahrd from now on...
Nice rides u have in there.Especially the Honda CBR 600.Its one of my personaly faves.
Any pics??

X

Welcome to the land of people live to for the internal combustion engine!!!!
Love your choice of wheels......post some pics to get us jealous!!!!

hey bikefreak welcome to the place to be in ...the best forum with the best of petrolheads...tat is team-bhp.....post the pic of ur cbr dude...the sound from ur after market titanium can(forgot the name) is amazing.....btw did anyone read the article that came in today's bombay times about the street races that takes place during the night involving lakhs of rupees in mumbai streets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavy_foot
Btw did anyone read the article that came in today's bombay times about the street races that takes place during the night involving lakhs of rupees in mumbai streets.

No man.... not heard of it here in Pune.....but where do the street races happen???
Must be a spectacle......Tell me more... :D

Hey bikefreak. Good to have you here.

I heard about your bike from the guy who sold it to you. Amazing deal you got there! I've been waiting years for a similar deal myelf :D

How about some pics of the bike itself in This Thread

hey bike freak
welcome aboard.please posts your pics..cant wait tod drool over them

welkome n another ikon lover... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmund
No man.... not heard of it here in Pune.....but where do the street races happen???
Must be a spectacle......Tell me more... :D

This is the article he was talking about

FAST & FURIOUS

Speed Demons : In the dead of the night, at predecided locales, clandestine bikers race for big bucks

MANISH PACHOULY Times News Network

How far would Mumbai go for the sake of a thrill? Consider this — in the middle of a calm night, a few young bikers suddenly appear. They are speeding on expensive foreign bikes, trying to overtake each other. This is not a scene from a Bollywood thriller. It’s happening in real time. And Mumbai is witness to it for the last month or so.
City bikers meet at a few chosen points to race their bikes. And it’s not just fun and games here. Mumbai’s new trend has the betting circle enthralled — a lot of money rides on the fastest bike!
Bookies say that about seven to eight bikers gather once a week or once a fortnight at any of the predecided four places. These include the under construction ramps at Bandra, the J J flyover, the road behind Gateway of India and the Western Express Highway. “They gather after one am with a chosen crowd of about 30 people. Some of them are bookies and the rest are the punters known to them,” says a bookie.
He says that bets are placed on the time in which the bikers will complete the lap. The lap does not exceed two km.
However, the single rider race does not have all the bikers racing together. “Each biker rides alone and his timing
is
monitored. Their timings are then compared to decide the winner,” the bookie points out. He adds that two people are posted at the start and finish points respectively to cross-check the accuracy of the timings. Apart from the single rider race, there are races where three to four bikes compete with each other. There’s also more than one round to these races. The bikers have three to four such rounds. What is the moolah involved? “It’s over Rs 20 lakh per night,” says the bookie. He says that punters put from Rs 1,000 to Rs one lakh on bets. “There being three to four rounds of races, the amount goes high,” he points out. How do people gather for these races? “There’s a chosen crowd. The bookies who are into this, call their clients (punters) and give them the details on the time, date and spot. It’s only the previous evening that the time and spot is revealed,” says the bookie. The days of races are not kept fixed due to the threat of being picked up by the police, he adds. What do the bikers get? They are paid Rs 1,000 or more per night by their respective bookies. Apart from this, the winning bike owner also gets a commission from his respective bookie.

Ok pals, here r the pics of my bike. There's still some cosmetic work pending but mechanically the bike is just awesome. If you want to hear how the Vance & Hines S4 Titanium can sounds just click on this link. It is not the sound of my bike but very similar.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/sound/S4.au

BTW, this is very much like the one Dom had on his drag modified busa (his was S4 Stainless)

Nice F2 there man. Are hose Pirrelli's you're running on? Who did your paintjob?

guys bikefreak is the first member on team-bhp who is a docter:)(or are there more docs on this forum??)....and also this docter can be seen zooming around on a cbr.

hey bike freak,

welcome to the party !

hmm - a doctor with a cbr and an ikon !! thats good !! btw where in navi mumbai r u ??

and there is another doc like u in vashi - a black lancer and he had a modded ikon 1.3 earlier - do u know him by any chance ?

cheers

Wow bikerfreak.. U surely have a nice bike.. Mera number kab aayega?!! Only time will tell.. So passionate, but then money just isn't there... hehehe...
Welcome to the gang!! Boy, imagine there is an emergency call ta night by a patient at the hospital.. And the doctor gets there in no time on a 600cc baby!! Kool man...

_Enjoy u'r stay_

RiCKY

Nice bike man. but the paint doesn't look original. how much have u taken the baby on the speedo :)