Team-BHP - Hello Everyone
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello Everyone (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/40703-hello-everyone.html)

Hello Everyone... This is Unni from Trivandrum, Kerala. I have been following this forum for almost an year. It all started when I was trying to find out a review for the new Palio Stile, and happened to come across this forum. I was surprised to find that such a comprehensive knowledgebase on Indian auto scene existed and glad to be a part of this now. I owned a 98 Carb Zen, which I sold this month after 10 years of use. I kind of miss my car now. I have been trying to find a new vehicle, for about an year. I have booked my new WagonR Lxi yesterday and waiting to bring it home by mid of next week. Will keep everyone updated.

Welcome to Team-BHP, and congratulations on your new WagonR. It is now a top 3 seller nationwide. Can you highlight what made you choose the WagonR over its competitors?

Please do make a quick trip to our board rules section too, in order to get fully familiar with our forum policies.

Hi!!
congratulations, its again a maruti fan from India.:) This time make yourself comfortable first; as it is MPFI engine car with better response when compared with zen'98
Maruti Suzuki has good products, i beleive its the quality of older behicle and the maruti assurance that would have motivated you to buy this car. What are your thoughts?please:

Thank you. After a good amount of time and energy spend on researching on which car to buy, I had shortlisted 2 cars, Palio Stile 1.1 and Wagon R. I was almost 90% bend towards buying a Palio, but Fiat's image of discontinuing models leaving customers running around for spares and poor service, (okay now with TATA), made me think of taking it off the list. That left me with one option, go for the Wagon R. I already have experience with owning a Maruti, and it has been a pleasant one. I guess I would own a Fiat, maybe after a couple of years, once they have stabilized their base in India.

I drive very less, around 12-15 km per day, and that compounds to about 500 kms a month, or maybe a 500 km long drive once in 2-3 months, so never thought of getting a diesel car. A sedan would be a dead investment as my travel is going to be very less. This made me opt for a petrol hatchback. The kind of space, leg room (me being 6.1 foot tall) ease of use, maintenance, and practicality of a Wagon R made me choose this vehicle. The decent mileage expeced from a Wagon R also contributed when it came to selecting the car.

Welcome to T-BHP my friend, I am sure you wil find all the info you require here. I also own a 98 carb ZEN-VX. We have a wonderful What Car ? section here on T-BHP where you may find several other alternatives as well.
Looking forward to seeing more of your posts on T-BHP.

Edit-Just saw your post, post edited.

Welcome to Team BHP, I think as a car Fiat Palio Style is a better one, but again this my personal opinion, however your decission to go for the Maruti Stable was asbsolutely ok, keeping in mind the service offered by TATA , atleast in Kolkata.Drive Safe and have loads of fun.

==cheers:=