Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 14:24   #1

hello from Spain

hi everyone.
I am Albert from Spain.
As I am interested in cars, and I have between my interest in this field the indian cars and market, I have thought that it was a good idea to join this forum, where I hope to enjoy a lot, receiving and sharing news from the automotive market.
Been in India once, I visited already a Tata Motors showroom, and later on members from my family has been involved in some form with indian cars in Spain, Tata or Mahindra ones.

see you in the forum!
Old 10th June 2008, 14:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Warm welcome to TBHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by authi View Post
Been in India once, I visited already a Tata Motors showroom, and later on members from my family has been involved in some form with indian cars in Spain, Tata or Mahindra ones.
Tell us more about these.
Old 10th June 2008, 16:57   #3

putting the whole thing in context:

Tata was introduced here few years ago with the Telco and the Sumo, by a small private importer.
The range was fastly expanded with the Indica hatchback.
Then Tata Motors arranged to change the importer, going with Grupo Bergé, one the the biggest private (not related to a carmaker directly) who sells some korean maker,also SSangyong, Infiniti from next year and chinese carmakers in South America, and who also is a big player in the logistic transportation of cars in Spain and southern Europe. They introduced more dealers, the Indigo SW (not the sedan), and from this year the Xenon pick up. Tata appears now in tv ads in prime time also using spanish actors/esses from tv series.
they also brings (I think) the range to Italy and some other countries.
but after a sales improvement last year, this 2008, the the market is going badly in general, and they also try to manage not to lose too much %

Mahindra, on the other hand, arrived firstly here with the CJ version, but sold poorly and during few time.
last year, taking advantage of the demise of MGRover, established an agreement with a newly born importer composed by former Rover dealers.
They introduced the Goa, and the Bolero, getting few sales. But as the importer wished to improve the range with other carmaker, in order to give the dealers more oportunity to do business, and these new carmakers are have not signed yet with the importer, all the Mahindra presence in Spain is looking very bad at the time of this writing.
Old 10th June 2008, 20:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for that write up. Good to hear from the locals how Tata and Mahindra are doing instead of the Indian media versions.

Spain is playing Russia tonight (Indian time).. hope to watch a great game.. most of the games so far have not been that great.

Welcome to the forum. Have a good day!
Old 10th June 2008, 21:52   #5
BHPian

Welcome Senor Albert!
enjoy your stay here
Old 11th June 2008, 00:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up.
Welcome to t-bhp and enjoy your stay.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com