Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2005, 16:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

you hit 140db with a 50k setup....can i have the details please.
Old 23rd February 2005, 16:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

When I was shopping for my car stereo, I already had a Sony MP50 MP3 player, 222w Sony amp, 6x9 rear sony speakers and 6" sony speakers in the front.

I wanted to upgrade to a 4 channel amp so that I can power both my front and rear speakers. But the guy who was fitting the set up informed me I can't pump front speakers through the amp. Is that true? Hence I retained the same system without any change except for 5" Pioneer spears in the front to fit the panelling.

Sorry for the ignorance if any. I am not a geek in car audio.
Old 23rd February 2005, 16:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
When I was shopping for my car stereo, I already had a Sony MP50 MP3 player, 222w Sony amp, 6x9 rear sony speakers and 6" sony speakers in the front.

I wanted to upgrade to a 4 channel amp so that I can power both my front and rear speakers. But the guy who was fitting the set up informed me I can't pump front speakers through the amp. Is that true? Hence I retained the same system without any change except for 5" Pioneer spears in the front to fit the panelling.

Sorry for the ignorance if any. I am not a geek in car audio.
naa dude thats very wrong, its just that ppl need potential to do work. i had setup a jbl amp for a frnd which he was using for his Front components & Sub... & using a seperate 2 channel for his rear sony 6x9s. anything is possible in car audio!!!! but its just that i need to spend dat extra buck for the professional wiring!
i myself was running 3 amps at one stage, now running 2 (the blaupunkt mono for the sub & sony 222 for the rear) front speakers r direct 4rm the HU. i wish u could come in bombay, i would help u setup the things u wanted!
Old 23rd February 2005, 21:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

dude i hit 136.9 db i know its a pain...was wondering what setup you were driving???
Old 23rd February 2005, 21:06   #20
BHPian

hey u....

dude gamerno1 did u go for the speed run05???

i think u were parked behind my car if i aint mistaken.....

a blue colour zen.....
Old 23rd February 2005, 21:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
you hit 140db with a 50k setup....can i have the details please.
http://www.carstereo.com/installs/ph...&galleryid=353

well i dont hit 140 anymore since ive detuned the setup a bit & lost 3-4dbs. still mid 135s r always thr.
i won the B segment DB drags at MMRDA last year june, hosted by kenwood. infact, they wer'nt letting me in, but a frnd did some 'jhol' & got me in their rule was that u needed something or the other to be a 'kenwood' (may they even be tweeters ) so i fetched a 100w kenwood amp from chor bazaar & hooked up to my front speakers. (setup was very different dat time) & i actually got +3db on the 450 bux i had spent on that amp. won the db drag hitting 141.4 peak & 140.2 standard. kenwood also offered me to be their pro installer & wanted me to have their decals all over. but i was workin hard for vishal/shekhar's musafir that time, so had to refuse. however, dat amp didnt last more dan 2 months as expected. well kenwood products in india are no good. if they launch kenwood Xcelon series (USA brnd) they may even go head to head withRockford Fosgates & JL Audios. but we'r in INDIA BABY .

P.S. -> Never buy stuff from chor bazaar (atleast car audio) they'r all made in korea & dun last more dan 6 months, if they do.....Diwali Bonus
Old 23rd February 2005, 22:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
gamerno1, your sound setup rocks man! So have you done any engine mods or have you kept it stock?
well its 100% stock now, but i certainly assure u dat the next time i get some bux in my hand, its only going for the performance....not for the audio
Old 23rd February 2005, 22:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

kool...congrats. good to know that u did 141db thats high but is it registered by db drag racing?
Old 23rd February 2005, 22:21   #24
BHPian

yup....that is registered & i still hold the record for the small segment car i think! but i dont think i'll be able to go 140+ now, since im plannin to make d car faster than louder....lol
Old 23rd February 2005, 22:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

haha...thats sweet i hit 131 in my zen with a single sub. but it was for sql not spl. could have gone way way higher if i had known that it was spl. also it was an e zen so i guess had both....
Old 23rd February 2005, 22:33   #26
BANNED

ive seen you

i mean your car

at the speed run you were parked toward s the end of reclamation if im right
if we knew then we cud have taken a look at your killer system then bro

anyways welcome to the gang dude im more than sure you gonna have fun and

more than any other site you gonna be on this one
Old 23rd February 2005, 23:27   #27
BHPian

yup psycho, my car was indeed parked behind a blue zen on sunday & yea vance, my car was parked behind coz i reached at 11:30 on sunday when the parkin was full ahead.i reached at 9:15 on saturday, so just parked opposite to reclamation. sunday, i was late!
Old 23rd February 2005, 23:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
haha...thats sweet i hit 131 in my zen with a single sub. but it was for sql not spl. could have gone way way higher if i had known that it was spl. also it was an e zen so i guess had both....
lucky u man, but i still wanna make the zen faster, gimme some details on the baleno engine. whr can i pickup a 2004 1.6? i will probably shift this setup to dad's ikon (sub bill only be on when im driving ).
Old 24th February 2005, 00:31   #29
BHPian

hope to have a good time guys, vance & psyco, ur zens r real kool! & iceman, plz lemme noe bout the B-Zen expenses lol
Old 24th February 2005, 00:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

perfect guy to ask! heres a setup on one of my doneup lancer, but i have no clue how many dBs it must be doing, can u give me a fair idea? the cabling is all monster cable and lightning audio.

. Headunit - Pioneer 7550 Flip Screen DVD
. 4 x 320w Rear Speakers Blaupunkt
. 2 x 150w Front Speakers Blaupunkt
. 4 x Tweeters Pioneer
. 1 x Center Speaker Blaupunkt
. 2 x Digital Amps - VD504 Blaupunkt
. 2 x Velocity VXB12 Bass bins in the boot
. 1 x Capacitor

Thanks,

Arush
Closed Thread

Most Viewed