Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 13:03   #1
BHPian

Hi,

This is to introduce myself to the other mebers.......I have lived in Coimbatore for the last 5 years and have a modest collection of cars and bikes. I do most of the restoring myself..only going out for Chrome and Lathe work.......At present am getting a 1953 Vauxhall Wyvern up and running after some guy put sugar into the petrol, [in an attempt to get the previous owner to sell the car] and the engine siezed.

I was born in Maharasthra and learnt to drive in a Buick Super Eight when I was about 11 or 12, courtesy of the Parsi boys who were our neighbours. When I was around 13 drove the same Buick from Deolali to Pune. Rode my first Bike when I was 11........and helped my Dad and Uncle to strip and repair cars and bikes from when I was around 9 yrs old. And have had grease under my nails ever since then !!!!!

I found this site while browsing for details/information.

I have quite a number of workshop manuals for my bikes and cars and am always looking out for more...so anybody out there with manuals for the 1968 Merc 114 [compact] and for the Wyvern please do get in touch.
I can help anybody who needs them, with manuals for Herald 948 1964/66, Volkswagen Type 3 1964/67, Austin Countryman A35, as well as a number of other cars and bikes. Let me know what you need.

I will post some pics of my bikes and cars just as soon as I am permitted.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th June 2008 at 13:21. Reason: Made the post more readable :)
Old 13th June 2008, 13:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp Collector

Please visit our board rules & get acquainted with them. We are very keen on neat a clean posts & dotty posts are not encouraged.

After reading your post I am sure your favorite area would be Vintages & Classics section.

Have a pleasant stay
Old 13th June 2008, 20:43   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard! For someone like you, be prepared to spend hours on the vintage and classic section. You will also find a rather complete Wyvern being scrapped in Hyderabad. Need spares?

Do share with us pictures and experiences of your restorations.
Old 13th June 2008, 21:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, Collector Sir !! Your collection of beauties looks to be mind boggling, we're waiting to see pictures of them soon. Hope you have a pleasant stay, and hope to interact with you often. Classic car lovers would have a lot to learn from you !!
Ravi.cheers:
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks