Team-BHP - Glad to be part of Team-BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Glad to be part of Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/42290-glad-part-team-bhp.html)

Hi Guys,

Finally after many months of visiting team-bhp.com, I have registered myself as a User. I am glad that the moderators considered my registration worthy of their approval.

The entire process of registration has been very professional, and impressive. Its good to see that there is some genuine effort in maintaining certain standards for memberships, and quality of posts. My compliments to the team-bhp team.

If I was to briefly describe myself, I would classify myself as an automotive enthusiast lost to the grind of Indian corporate world. Though deep inside I am an automotive buff, but professionally involved in Business Development for a highly diversified Group of Companies.

To keep my love for cars alive, I do tinker around my own cars. In the last few years I have refurbished my Dad's Fiat 132, 1600 (1979). For those who are not Fiat fans, or relate them to the misadventures of Fiat in India, Fiat 132 was a contemporary of Fiat 131 Mirafiori. The body of Fiat 132 was designed by Marcello Gandini (of Lamborghini Miura and BMW 5 series fame) and has a DOHC engine that was designed by Aurelio Lampredi, probably the best ever DOHC engine designed by Fiat. Its a great car, and even after 29 years and nearly 100,000 Kms ... it out drags some the more modern cars. I am attaching some pictures of my old lady.

I am currently working on modifying a Fiat Uno. I am installing a 1.6L engine from Fiat Palio in to this Uno. I will turbo charge it and play around with the suspension and exhaust. I am going to be spending the next 6 - 7 months on this project. I shall try and keep you guys involved as the things start to progress.

I drive a Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi and am planning to add a K&N Induction Kit to this car. I am also trying to get MOMOCORSE Silver alloys for her. I am still analysing whether it is worth the cost ... any suggestion!

I shall sign-off for now.

Regards

Jaskirat

Welcome jaskirat, youll gel well with enthusiasts on the forum.
Your FIAT seems to be in pristine condition! Nice alloy add ons. But you are using a tamil nadu reg. plate for so long in chd. How come?
Your restoration work on uno, should also be good , after seing this.

Hey dude
welcome to the forum
The car looks awesome
How about some pictures of your Fiesta also?

Very nice example, these are rare. Do you have the original alloy wheels for these ?

Note the Niligiris reg - did this ever below to a major planter now deceased ?

Dear Ajmat,

This car was imported by my father from Italy, when he was Military Attache in Moscow. We have owned this Fiat for 29 years now. I do have the original pressed steel wheels.

When this car came to India, my Dad was posted in Wellington, (near Conoor) ... thats the reason for Nilgiri registration.

I thank all you guys for the warm welcome ...

Cheers

Jaskirat

Hi BHP1,

I am looking forward to the UNO modification job. I already have the car, and am scouting for an engine.

I guess its going to be one fast UNO. I keep you posted.

I am glad you liked my Fiat 132. I love this car for it hold sgreat memories of my childhood. I was 8 years old when she drove into my life and now I am 37 years old, and I still love the way she moves.

Fiesta pictures will be put up when I get the MOMO alloys on her. Till then she is a standard Platinum colour SXi.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Jaskirat. Welcome to the forum and let me add super car that.My granddad had one of those a few decades ago and this sure did make me nostalgic.

Looking forward to the Uno show..

Wow.. Thats a beautiful car.. Nice Color. Welcome to TBHP. you will find a lot of FIAT lovers here.

Goddy

Hi Jaskirat,

That is a really nice Fiat with a hot engine. Must sound really good when driven hard.

Any reason that you are looking to transplant the 1.6 Palio engine into the Uno? Would there be any benefit to doing this over just taking a Palio 1.6 as the base platform?

I am also considering a turbo for my Palio GTX, but the complexity is significant, and parts are not readily available in case of breakage. Ideally forged pistons & rods should be added, but again parts are just not available.

I am quite happy for the time being with the naturally aspirated 1.6 DOHC engine. It is quite a screamer, and has no problem at 6000+ rpm.

Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to some nice posts on your Fiat projects.

Regards,

Gaurav

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedMM340 (Post 899585)
Hi Jaskirat,

That is a really nice Fiat with a hot engine. Must sound really good when driven hard.

Any reason that you are looking to transplant the 1.6 Palio engine into the Uno? Would there be any benefit to doing this over just taking a Palio 1.6 as the base platform?

I am also considering a turbo for my Palio GTX, but the complexity is significant, and parts are not readily available in case of breakage. Ideally forged pistons & rods should be added, but again parts are just not available.

I am quite happy for the time being with the naturally aspirated 1.6 DOHC engine. It is quite a screamer, and has no problem at 6000+ rpm.

Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to some nice posts on your Fiat projects.

Regards,

Gaurav

First reason for selecting an Uno is that I already have the car. Secondly, there used to be a Fiat Uno 1.6 Turbo available in the European market with a 1.6 FIRE engine. Hopefully I will be able to recreate the magic. And most import reason is that not many would expect a sedate Uno to perfom the way it would do with an engine upgrade and a turbo. :)

Regards

Jaskirat welcome to the Mecca for Indian Automobile enthusiasts. I am sure you and we will learn from each other.

@Mods: I think the Fiat part of Jaskirat's post deserves to be on another thread!

Welcome aboard Jaskirat. Hearing from you after along time! We last communicated via the Fiat Club, Pune.

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers
Karl

Hey Karlosdeville,

Its been a while. How is the Fiat Classic Car Club of India doing. I keep wondering what you Fiat Club guys in Pune must be upto. I sometimes regret that I cannot participate in the events that you must be organizing. Maybe, just maybe, I might drive the Fiat 132 to Pune someday.

Regards

Jaskirat

Jaskirat,

Welcome to the club. I agree with you that this site is managed well by the moderators and is a no nonsense site. Your interest in Fiat is captivating. We definitely look forward to your contributions to this august forum.

Cheers,

Sridhar Garimella

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaskirat (Post 899677)
First reason for selecting an Uno is that I already have the car. Secondly, there used to be a Fiat Uno 1.6 Turbo available in the European market with a 1.6 FIRE engine. Hopefully I will be able to recreate the magic. And most import reason is that not many would expect a sedate Uno to perfom the way it would do with an engine upgrade and a turbo. :)

Regards

Well I guess that having the car already is a good reason. Having a sleeper car is definitely fun. I think I surprise a few people every time I take my Palio 1.6 out for a drive.

I am really interested in the Turbo upgrade, as this is something that I have been thinking about also. Please keep us posted on TBHP of progress on your modifications.