Team-BHP - New Member
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New Member (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/43025-new-member.html)

Hi Everyone,

I came across Team BHP when I was looking for reviews on the Logan and Indigo XL.

I am a resident of Chennai and an ardent lover of Automobiles. My love with automobiles started during my college days - Indian Auto Journal was the only Auto magazine that my college library had in those days. That inspired me to take up Automobile Engg as one of my electives too. My first job landed me in the Abrasive Industry and there I had the fortune of visiting giants in the auto industry like Bajaj Auto as a vendor.
However destiny had something else for me in store - a twist of events took me away from the manufacturing industry into the IT industry. The past 9 years I have been managing teams that have delivered Java based solutions for a myriad set of business domains.
But cars and two wheelers continued as my passion - My first was a Bajaj Super (handed down to me by my dad). Then I had a KB100 RTZ, a Kinetic Honda and then a KB4S. Never could afford one of the bigger vehicles. My first car was a M800 which was followed by a Indica V2Lsi and till recently I owned a Swift Vxi. Right now I am waiting for the delivery of my Indigo XL DICOR.
The car I would love to own - A Merc - any model
My other hobbies: Listening to Music - Indian Classical (carnatic and Hindustani), Western Classical and Fusion of these forms of music. L Subrahmanyam and Tchaikovsky are my favs.
This is one great site for car lovers like me. My 12 year old is also an automobile fanatic and is excited about me becoming a member here.

Will share more soon.

Regards
Chandru

Welcome to t-bhp. Looking forward to your experiences.

Welcome to the team, Chandru. The Indigo XL is a heck of a sedan if you are going to be chauffeur-driven. We recently had a Pune BHPian put up an extensive review of the XL. Will be great to hear on some of your experiences with the automotive giants.

Do take a quick detour to our board rules section too. See you around the forums!

Welcome to the place we call our 2nd home. Enjoy your stay Chandru.

Welcome chandru, enjoy your stay! Share more about your cars!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp1 (Post 917987)
Welcome chandru, enjoy your stay! Share more about your cars!

The M80 was the result of a prescription my neuro wrote for persistent neck pain. It was second hand non AC DX 4gear that had clocked 15k kms in 3 years. 2 Years and 23k Kms later I sold it off and bought the Indica. I did do one long drive on this one - Chennai - Thanjavur - Chennai over a weekend.

Indica Lsi was actually meant for my parents as I was planning to relocate to US - something that was dropped because I changed jobs. Used for 2 years and 28k Kms before I left for a stint in Japan. This car is still with my BIL and I use it whenever there is a need. Never did a long distance in this one. Best FE was 9 in city and 11 on highway

Bought the Swift Vxi (crystal gold) on return from Japan - wanted the latest but was not willing to spend more than 5.0L. Added an all Sony ICE - HU + 4 door speakers and Black seat covers. Drove it around for 23 months and 27k kms. Did a few long distance trips on this one - Chennai-Bangy-Chennai, Chennai-Tirupati-Chennai and Chennai-Madurai-Chennai. Most of them were long weekend trips. Decided to sell it off as the family needed a more roomier car.

Waiting for the delivery of my Indigo XL DICOR Classic now. Will write about it in a few days.

Thanks cnaganathan, did you graduate to m800 from a bike? As 800 otherwise is not so good for neck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp1 (Post 919086)
Thanks cnaganathan, did you graduate to m800 from a bike? As 800 otherwise is not so good for neck.

Yes I did. In fact it was the 1.20 L Kms of city riding various bikes that resulted in the neck problem. And yes, the problem continued but with a lesser magnitude during the M800 days.

Hi to all

I became a huge fan of T-BHP while we were deciding which car to purchase. It was our first car. Thanks to TB, we made an informed decision. We had finally shortlisted Palio MJD and Indica Xeta GLG. Due to finance restraint, we went ahead with Indica Xeta finally. After the test drive, we instantly fell in love with Palio.
I wish to thank all the members who posted such technical reviews about the cars, that helped us gain lots of knowledge. The technical knowledge shared in the various forums was awesome! clap:
Thanks once again, and wish to say that I am glad to be a part of TB.
I will post the pictures of our new purchase soon!

Regards
Jaishrie

Hey Jaishrie, Welcome to the forum, have a nice stay. Why dont you put a new thread and introduce yourself.

@ cnaganathan : Welcome to the forum.