Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 23:10   #1
BHPian

Glad to be here

Hi everyone,

I have been itching to post here for the last week or so but my account was not fully active. One of the mods have fixed it, thanks. In the intervening period I have devored a lot of information that is available on this forum.

I admire the level of maturity and knowledge seen on this forum. For instance the rule on smilies and sms lingo.

I am having a tough time deciding on which car to buy, my first. I took a test drive (from the passenger seat :-)) of the Fabia 1.2 petrol. I like the built quality but the engine isn't as refined as the Getz. I noticed at startup that there was a little bit of vibration that can be felt in the cabin and some engine whine at higher rpm. Will this ease out as the engine is run in? Any insight from an existing owner will be highly appreciated.

A very long first post indeed. Cheers,
Guite
Old 30th July 2008, 15:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Glad to have you with us, Guite and thanks for the compliments to Team-BHP. The Fabia 1.2 had certain issues which Skoda is attempting to solve, with an ECM flash too. Do refer to this thread for more information.

Do also take a quick detour to our board rules section. See you around the forums!
Old 30th July 2008, 16:48   #3
BHPian

welcome to the forum hope u find the right car that suits your needs.
my diesel swift serves me well. its an ideal fill it shut it forget it pocket rocket.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay
Old 30th July 2008, 20:14   #5
BHPian

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Glad to have you with us, Guite and thanks for the
compliments to Team-BHP. The Fabia 1.2 had certain issues which Skoda is attempting to solve, with an ECM flash too. Do refer to this thread for more information.

Do also take a quick detour to our board rules section. See you around the forums!
Yes, I have been reading that thread with great interest and enjoyment; and posted in it as well. So should I postpone my decision? After reading the aforementioned topic halfway, potentially high cost of ownership is worrying me.

I have also read the forum rules, if I have missed some and broken (or break in future), please let me know.
Old 30th July 2008, 20:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP. Enjoy your drive on Team bhp. I agree with the complement you have given for the Mods is T-BHP. They are doing wonderful jobs. I too provide them some work of moving posts from one to other,
Btw, Do check the thread with Skoda price structure for spares.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed