Team-BHP - Hi Everybody
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi Everybody (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/43755-hi-everybody.html)

I have been a dormant member for some time now and have been planning to Intorduce myself. Have been visiting Team-Bhp on and off and always admired the knowledge and experience of senior members on the forum.
Lately I started looking for replacement for my 2004 Scorpio and before I realized I have been spending long hours reading through detailed discussions on verious models, brands, pertol vs diesel and what not. There is nothing out there that regarding automobiles that we have not discussed here on the forum. After few days I started reading forums on my PDA(N95) during bedtime while my better half is trying to have conversation with me!! (God save me if she reads this)

That's when it hit me , I am addicted to Team-Bhp!!

So here goes my formal introduction.

I am 34 year old IT professional based in Pune. Loves car, Bullet , Gadgets, long road trips, photography. On the personal front married for 9 years with two kids.

My Automobile profile :
1. My very first car was two year used white Maruti 800. To give perspective I bought this one by spending my year Gross yearly income worth at that time. Bad economics but crazy mind.
2. Moved to US where bought a used car in two days. It was 7 year old Red Mazda 323 manual transmission no AC(No need for AC in beaverton OR). Used it for 2 years. Amazing reliable little car. Drove it 1500miles non stop at times.
3. Bought my first new car in about year , Honda Civic fully loaded.
4. Sold Mazda and bought one year old Toyota Camry. This is the most comfortable car I have driven.
5. Since we were travelling frequently to India , bought Toyota Qualis in India. I used to drive long distance trips during my India trips.
6. Moved back to India sold both Civic and Camry, bought Getz 1.3 in 2004 when no body was ready to touch Getz for it's high price and low fuel effency compared to Maruti products.
7. In 2004 got my childhood dream toy , Bullet Thunderbird. Did some long drives on that including 30 days Ladakh tour. More on that on
bikenomadz
8. Sold off 4 year old Qualis and bought 2 year old Scorpio.

That's where I am right now. I have logged around 1lakh kms in India and around 1lakh miles in US so far.
And to give the latest update:
Selling off the scorpio and getting new Sonata Embera CRDi Black MT.
More on that later.

Now to wrap up my rants.. I am happy to be among folks who love what they drive and not just the average Joe purchase decisions where one just buys what his neighbor, or friend has bought. Soon you will see threads on user experience on Embera and asking for suggestions for ICE.

Welcome Rohit and quite an intro there and its better late than never. Have a wonderful stay and happy bhping.

Welcome Rohit, your Embera is probably going to be the first one on TBHP & that too a diesel! Looking forward to the intial & long term test reports of the same!

Quote:

.....and before I realized I have been spending long hours reading through detailed discussions

...........while my better half is trying to have conversation with me!! (God save me if she reads this)

That's when it hit me , I am addicted to Team-Bhp!!
Uh oh, another perfectly normal sane adult has converted! The more the merrier on Team-BHP, welcome aboard Rohit! We'd love to read a detailed ownership review on the Embera common-rail.

Do take a quick pitstop over at the board rules section too. See ya around the forums.

Welcome Rohit

Nice to have you posting on the forum. Congratulations on the Embera diesel. The CRDi engines are really awesome. Hope to see you start a thread on the ownership experience soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 932850)
Welcome Rohit

Nice to have you posting on the forum. Congratulations on the Embera diesel. The CRDi engines are really awesome. Hope to see you start a thread on the ownership experience soon.

Thanks VJ for the welcome.

iragav, Dippy, I will be getting my delivery in next 15 days. I will start with the detailed experience of new car delivery, followed by long term report. Also I was thinking of a post where I compare my test drive experience during the selection process. I am planning to compare the different tune up of the same CRDi engine (hint Captiva, Magnum, Embera). I think there are many misconception about turbo lag in Embera. I will try to find similar thread to revive if not will start new.

Thanks GTO for the welcome. It's nice to be on one of the strictly moderated forum.

Welcome to the forum Rohit. I am very fond of Pune as I have spent a considerable period of my Army life there. I am going to receive my Optra Magnum LT in about a week's time. Will surely share our experiences of these two cars.