Team-BHP - Hello fellow bhpians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello fellow bhpians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/43757-hello-fellow-bhpians.html)

Hi

I joined the forum a few days back and have asked a few questions.

I was residing in Canada and was active in R2I club, when I saw Samurai writing about Team bhp(this was over 3 years back). I thought of becoming an active member later.

I had a honda Accord in Canada and bought a used Santro after I returned to India, so that I can get used to driving in India(first time car owner in India - buying a car was a dream coming from a lower middle class family, however with gods grace things have changed and now I can literally pick and choose what car to buy, but I prefer samll car for Bangaloretraffic).

You might wonder about my id. I hate to dound horn unless its absolutely essential. I am driving in Bangalore for past 18 months and use the horn rarely(average twice a day). I think its a major polluter and we all should avoid using the horn. I also observe that people horn out of habit and not out of necessity. When weer the moderators permit I will start a new thread on how to bring awareness to fellow drivers/riders to avoid sounding horn.

Bye

Hey welcome to the forum..Accord to santro quite a change but then the traffic is also a big change...
I too hate sounding the horn.

Hi DoNotHorn,

Welcome to Team-BHP. So you are from R2IClub, did I know you, what was your id?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 932595)
Hey welcome to the forum..Accord to santro quite a change but then the traffic is also a big change...

I changed from Acura 3.2TL to Santro when I moved back, 225HP to 63HP.:)

Welcome to TBHP.

I too hate it but circumstances made me change :D

And seems you have a lot of patience.

Hi Samurai

I don't know you personally, but just interacting thru the R2I club.
Felt pity on you hearing about your journey from Acura to Santro,
But for Bangalore traffic Santro is better than Acura.

Bye

Thanks for the pity DoNotHorn. However, I don't deal with Bangalore traffic anymore.:D

Yeah. I know you are in western ghats somewhere near your hometown and manging a team. I would like to be away from Bangalore but this is my hometown and my family will not let me settle anywher else.

Wish I could meeet you sometime in Bangalore, I am not i India untill December, maybe later sometime.

Bye

Loved your first post DNH. My father used to go to work in a second class tram. I drive to work! :) I hate horns too. I work in a place which is perhaps the worst sound polluted areas in the world. And here if a driver somehow brushes against a pedestrian one of the first charges they make is - why didn't you blow the horn?? Anyway welcome back to India and t-bhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoNotHorn (Post 932554)
HYou might wonder about my id. I hate to dound horn unless its absolutely essential. I am driving in Bangalore for past 18 months and use the horn rarely(average twice a day). I think its a major polluter and we all should avoid using the horn. I also observe that people horn out of habit and not out of necessity. When weer the moderators permit I will start a new thread on how to bring awareness to fellow drivers/riders to avoid sounding horn.

Bye

I wish all Bangaloreans are/were "DoNotHorn" type...:). Welcome to T-bhp

Ha..ha..ha welcome to T-BHP, yeah, I too have aversion to sounding the horn and practice the same .