Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2008, 23:33   #1
BHPian

Hi - My first car!!!

Hi all,

My name's Achu, work in Mumbai and age 31. Booked my first car last week and getting delivery some time next week. Its an Indigo CS GLS (black) and I am obviously very excited. Have been a regular to the site for the last two weeks for obvious reasons and would love every bit of help I can get for this one, as I have never ever even taken care of a vehicle before. I need to decide on the accessories too, so have been following some of the threads on what's necessary.. Should I be posting a separate post somewhere else on the site?

Great to be on board. Hope to one day contribute in the manner that I see so many of you are doing. Great work guys!
Old 14th August 2008, 04:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

bless you.

Welcome to Team-BHP.

Please go through the the Announcements section to familiarise yourself with the posting rules.

Put up an ownership review of your car in the Team-BHP Reviews section when you get it.

You'll find a whole lot of stuff on accessories in the Modifications & Accessories section, including ICE (music system), wheels & tyres.

Enjoy!
Old 14th August 2008, 14:42   #3
BHPian

Congratulations!
Search for threads on PDI (Pre-delivery inspections). This will give you a good insight into the process of taking delivery of your new car.
Cheers!
Old 14th August 2008, 18:48   #4
BHPian

Hey Achu, many congrats on your first car! Take good care of your CS and she won't dissapoint you.
Old 14th August 2008, 22:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dude! The only advice right now i can give you is don't go for the Tata accessories,be it alloys and anything else. I own an Indigo LX so know this. You will find better option in the market at half the price. Enjoy and tc!
Old 15th August 2008, 13:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats Dude! The only advice right now i can give you is don't go for the Tata accessories,be it alloys and anything else. I own an Indigo LX so know this. You will find better option in the market at half the price. Enjoy and tc!
Are you sure about this? I'm thinking of getting the power windows and ICE done from the dealer (Wasan Chembur). Mumbaiites, do you think I should get everything done outside? Or stick to the dealer?

Am planning on doing alloy wheels from outside, and going by the long debate on antirust/teflon, am going to give it a bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Search for threads on PDI (Pre-delivery inspections). Cheers!
>> thanks, have already done that.. will arm myself with printouts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
Hey Achu, many congrats on your first car! Take good care of your CS and she won't dissapoint you.
>> thanks ..

All.. am posting in Crosscap's Indigo CS posting, so that there is continity..

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th August 2008 at 14:12. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 15th August 2008, 14:29   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Achu. Your first car is a great feeling and I am sure you will enjoy iy.

I am sure you must have already found NC's thread, but here it is again http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
Old 15th August 2008, 14:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu View Post
Are you sure about this? I'm thinking of getting the power windows and ICE done from the dealer (Wasan Chembur). Mumbaiites, do you think I should get everything done outside? Or stick to the dealer?

Am planning on doing alloy wheels from outside, and going by the long debate on antirust/teflon, am going to give it a bye.
Very sure. For power windows stick with the dealer as they do a better job. And for ICE go to an outside dealer as the options Tata gives is limited and costly in comparison from outside.
antirust/teflon is of not much use so save the precious money!
Old 16th August 2008, 21:10   #9
BHPian

Agree with Harry - power windows - dealer and ICE - local dealers.
Avoid teflon - TBHP doesn't recommend it. Instead go for Anti-rust and sound deadening that the dealer offers.
Old 16th August 2008, 21:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Instead go for Anti-rust and sound deadening that the dealer offers.
Thanks viper. hadnt seen sound deadening as an option on the list, will check with the dealer.
Old 18th August 2008, 16:07   #11
BHPian

cheers:Congrats mate. Ensure you have a look at the pre-delivery checklist.

All the best and safe driving!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks