Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:08   #1

A big hello to all from the nicedude

Hello everybody,

Just thought id post an introduction here because how im here is really interesting. I had dislocated my shoulder a couple of weeks ago and had my hand strapped up and was advised complete immobilisation of the same for three weeks. Im into manufacturing and without being to attned to office and being stuck at home was no fun. The only things i read up on are current affairs, finance , and everything on cars that I can lay my hands on

With just the net to keep me occupied during the times i was'nt on the phone ,I tried googling for reviews on the Swift D that I had booked prior to my fall.Thats how I found this place.And believe me I have been in here every single day since i found the place, and read everything thing in here that i could find. Now I know I really need 15" inch alloys and I need to get the stock tyres changes ASAP too. And a wicked sounding ICE is a definite yes. ( well, within budgets that is,not the money- no- object kind anyway).

Anyways about me Im a mallu whos never been home. Schooling in Tamil Nadu, College In Bangalore and im based in Mysore at the moment.My roots are still in Kerala and i make a Kerala trip atleast once a month so my relatives do'nt forget what I look like. I own a manufacturing unit and thats a couple of hours away from where i stay. So to summarise I log in quite some decent mileage every month.

As to the cars I own,right now its an Optra Magnum , been with me for just over a year now, a MM 540 for my Factory use , a M800 for the school runs and a Swift D that im hoping gets to me soon. Its been close to two months now,and every week they keep calling me offering me every other colour but the one I booked it in (white).

Vehicles in the past which were used were two Esteems, two Sierras (one NA the other a Turbo) and my last car was an Accent CRDi. Havent had any major complaints with any of them . One explanation for that could be that i usually part with all my cars at the end of three years, so i must be passing on the huge maintenance bills to the buyer.

Anyways thats all that I can think up at this moment , Id like to thank everybody responsible for me being in here and posting my introduction. I'm sure I will enjoy my time in here .

Thank you guys . Its a fabulous show you've got going on here.
Old 23rd August 2008, 11:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Glad we could keep you company at the time of rest, and I do hope that the shoulder is doing better now. What's your running like? I see a lot of diesels in your garage and if you sell them after 3 years, that indicates high mileage. Congratulations on the Swift D, can't go wrong with a Maruti, especially one powered by the best small diesel engine.

Welcome to Team-BHP. Do take a quick detour to the board rules section too.
Old 23rd August 2008, 13:13   #3
BHPian

hey guys.. m unable to add pictures in my garage.. plz help
Old 23rd August 2008, 14:07   #4
BHPian

please click here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-new-post.html
Old 23rd August 2008, 14:12   #5

Thankyou GTO,
Yes the shoulder is better now , thank you. The strapping has come off anyway. Been a long three weeks i must say.

Well as far as mileage is concerned they have usually run between 75 and 80,000 Kms at the end of three years.But i did have a MM550XDB five speed that ran almost 3 lakh Kms . during a four and a half year period and I really never did anything else but the periodic maintenance. That was some Jeep. I never really wanted to sell that one.

And no I havent got the Swift D as yet,still twirling my thumbs, waiting ,hoping Maruti would oblige sometime soon. And now im really confused . Do i keep waiting for the Swift, or do I switch over to the Indica Vista.If they do launch it that is.I'm hoping Tata gets this one right the first time round.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks