Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2008, 15:47   #1

Hi to all!!

Hi there, ive just joined the TEAM BHP forums today. Great feeling to be amongst a group of experts. I first heard of Team BHP as I was browsing the net and since I subscribe to quite a few Auto mags I began to realise who exactly frequent this forum and was instantly on the "registration" page to get myself in. Im glad the moderators have inducted me in to this prestigious forum. Thanks guys!

Ever since I can remember ive had a fascination for Automobiles. I am currently involved in a bit of Auto journalism for a couple websites, mainly motorsports websites as I am an Avid Formula One fan. I spend all if not most of my time reading, researching, writing about and for Automobiles.

Now that is when im at my desk after working hours, outside of this i take long trips to anywhere possible (like nandi hills, chickballapur, malur & beyond) and quite easily clock about 75km a day. One reason also being i live in the outskirts of bangalore so a drive into the city is an easy 10km.

What do i drive? I own three cars which I can call mine (since they are parked at home) which are a BMW 525i, Skoda Laura (elegant trim) and a Hyundai Getz.

The Getz is my baby, as many bangloreans know, its almost impossible to be driving a sedan car in Bangalore traffic. To make ammends, ive tweaked up my Getz with a 57i performance air intake system and also added in the HKS headers with a sports end can (which i got for a steal). Not half as much as what some of the Team-BHP members have done to their rides (im talking to you viper ).

The Beamer does the long journeys like out of town (whenever possible), else it just does its job by sitting pretty in the garage. I realise that these fancy imported vehicles are just not meant for a city like Bangalore. I would have been happier with an Accord. My Laura is currently a shared vehicle with my brother who is currently looking at a VW Jetta (criticisms welcome).

What do i do? I am a graduate in Film, Radio and TV studies from UK but unfortunately due to unavoidable reasons, i have had to join the family business. I work for the construction industry now, we are basically building contractors.

Its a great feeling to be here and I cant wait to meet all the members. Looking forward to it all!!

Cheers
Old 5th September 2008, 17:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Slick, welcome to the team. This place is full of petrol heads, diesel heads and whatever kind of heads that can be associated with automobiles
Will look forward to some travelogues and ownership experiences from you.

Have fun and drive safe.
Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks