Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 21:19   #1
BHPian

Old school restorer-CONTESSA

Hi for all those who love the IC engine..

I am glad to know of a forum like this where ideas can be exchanged freely. I come from a background of car restorers.I am sure to add a lot of value to those who are restoring any car from the 30ies to date and typically identify myself as the old school guy with knowledge in all up to date technologies for the IC engine.
I am in the process of documenting my latest Conti restoration project and will publish it for everyone's benefit shortly.
I will be happy to get more Conti fans to join in to posts from time to time and also guys seeking heavy mods to this humble and elegant car which i can help and also get help from all those who love this car.
Thanks to Team BHP again for providing this opportunity.
Regards,
Mike
Old 14th September 2008, 05:34   #2
BHPian

Hi Mike, Which engine are you planning to mount in your Conti?
Old 14th September 2008, 10:36   #3
BHPian

Hi Vinay,
I believe in managing most restorations to stock condition. The Isuzu petrol is a very good engine and has some of its uniqueness and very robust.

It will be an amazing to attempt to mount a Scorpio's engine and drive train into the Conti. It will be come a car with unmatched power and comfort.This will require a decent budget and also some immaculate planning and detailed structural changes to compensate for the additional surge of power and size not to mention about the heat from the engine and brake systems as well.

If anyone is keen out there we can take it to the drawing board and try one car just for the heck of it.

Regards,
Mike
Old 14th September 2008, 19:20   #4

nice!

hey miyer!

i am navin ,from bangalore...too, i have always wanted to work on a conti myself, all the best to you in restoring the conti, make it look as classy as you can ..
Old 14th September 2008, 20:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

hi Miyer, Welcome to the tbhp family. And thanks a lot for the suggestions that you gave already in the conti thread. hopefully, i ll get my hands on a conti by OCT. You better get ready to face my pestering queries after that, hehehe.

Last edited by badboyscad : 14th September 2008 at 20:06.
Old 14th September 2008, 21:35   #6
BHPian

Hi Naveen and Badboyscad,

I am sure to be around and can reach me any time for any info on a stock rebuild of a conti. I also have some parts that i have painstakingly collected. some difficult to get parts that are essential and currently working on spares channels to make it easier to keep the car running for a long time.
Do get in touch if you need help and will be glad. Meanwhile alos kind of planning a conti meet up of all conti Bhpians in Bangalore if it is possible. I already know 3 conti owners in 3 months now and helping them with whatever possible for the rebuild.

Regards,
Mike
Old 15th September 2008, 01:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

Please use this thread only to introduce yourself to other members. All other discussions should be carried out in relevant threads that already exist on the forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks