Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 14:18   #1

Hi there...

Hi. This is Suhas, I am a mechanical engineer from Pune University, current age 28.

Since long I was trying to locate a resource which can provide me long-term ownership reviews about various automobiles. It's then I heard about team-bhp and since then I am a regular reader of this site (especially the long-term ownership reviews).

My interests are automobiles (since the age of 3 which I can make out looking at my old photographs!), photography and computers.

I was planning to buy a small car, which is sturdy, runs a bit cheaply and is reliable. I had Indica Turbo on my mind and what I could see here (again in the long-term ownership reviews forum...oh God, I am so impressed with this forum, to say the least ) that the car was reliable too.
Now why the word 'was' in the last statement: I visited Pandit Auto (a tata motors dealer in Pune) 15 days ago to understand that apart from NA DLS, all other Indicas will not be manufactured anymore effective 1-SEP-2008! Now the hunt has started again...

So that's quite much about me.

Thanks for reading!
Old 16th September 2008, 16:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome suhas. Enjoy your surfing in here.

So that seems to be the Vista power. This DLS should be retained for Taxi segment?
Old 16th September 2008, 17:26   #3
BHPian

Welcome Suhas! There are other options available for you and I am sure you will arrive at the right choice of vehicle.
All the best!
Old 16th September 2008, 23:41   #4
BHPian

welcome Suhas, I'm sure you have ample of advice on TBHP concerning buying a new car, I picked up mine after a lot of reading and input from here... so keep searching and asking too, you'll make the right choice.
regards
Joe
Old 17th September 2008, 10:34   #5

Thanks to johnda, sridharps, mjothi. I am sure tbhp will provide me solid data to base my decision on...in the meantime, I am trying to figure out if tata has REALLY stopped making V2 turbos. And yes, DLS is there mostly for cab guys.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks