Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 18:50   #1
BHPian

Thanks T-BHP, latest fan from Nashik (the Wine Capital of India)

It may seem ironical to many of you that I'm writing my Introduction section after joining T-BHP for more than a year now, but its just that I'm now totally ADDICTED to it & so decided to be an active member here.

This is Siddharth Somani, 25, Nashik (M.S.) Mechanical Engg by education & Software Engg by Profession ( I hate this transition the most ), currently in Pune.

First of all, thanks to all T-BHPians who helped me justify my first aquisition - Swift VXi, as the amount of USEFUL information available on the Forums made my decision pretty simple. ( the available info can also confuse you at times)

My only passion includes TDing the newly introduced cars & eventually own each of those.

A special mention of my best friend, Pritesh - coz of whom I need not own each new car, as he owns most of those right from an M800 to a C-220.( a vehicle from each segment - from Hatchback -> Sedan -> MUV -> SUV -> Luxury )
So the normal weekend routine is to take out the available vehicle & go for a spin around the country-sides of Nashik.

I'm sure to have fun time forever on T-BHP & I really hope all T-BHPians would also like to have me here...
Old 16th September 2008, 20:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

welcome

Hello!
Welcome to Team-BHP.

Does Nashik still have any nice country-side roads?
I'd spent a lot of school-era vactions in Nashik, and in those days it really was a pleasure to drive (rather be driven around), not only on the highways, but also in the city itself.

Last time I visited a few years ago, though, it had developed beyond recognition.

Please take some time out to go through the Announcements section and familiarise yourself with the posting rules.

Enjoy!
Old 16th September 2008, 23:38   #3

Nasik has some beautiful roads and some not-so-beautiful roads...And then there is Devlali..do i need to say more?? Also, from personal exp, there are only two modded cars in nasik! One OHC and one Esteem. Aslo, there is a lovely ZX-12R in nasik!!
Old 17th September 2008, 11:25   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Siddhu. My family visits Deolali pretty often, I agree with you on the beautiful countryside in that region. It's got awesome offroad territory too!! The line of car showrooms (next to the Taj) is a good hangout when there's nothing better to do .

Do stop by the board rules section to fully acquaint yourself with our posting policies.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:30   #5
BHPian

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Hello!
Welcome to Team-BHP.

Does Nashik still have any nice country-side roads?
I'd spent a lot of school-era vactions in Nashik, and in those days it really was a pleasure to drive (rather be driven around), not only on the highways, but also in the city itself.

Last time I visited a few years ago, though, it had developed beyond recognition.

Please take some time out to go through the Announcements section and familiarise yourself with the posting rules.

Enjoy!
Hi aah78,
I agree that Nashik has evolved a lot & its clearly following the foot-steps of Pune ( in terms of traffic chaos ), but yes, there are still pretty nice patches around. e.g. the hilly area behind famous "Sula Vineyard" on Gangapur Road, road leading to Trimbakeshawar & behind the Anjaneri village, then many-a-scenic spots on-the-way to Igatpuri on Mumbai-Agra Highway.

Regards,
siddhu_engg24
Old 17th September 2008, 12:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

hi sidhu,
welcome to the family!!!

you said all about cars. well, you didn't say anything about wine!!!:(
Old 17th September 2008, 13:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
hi sidhu,
welcome to the family!!!

you said all about cars. well, you didn't say anything about wine!!!:(
Hi kkr2k2,
That's because I can't explain the various tastes in Wines & the beautiful locations of Sula Vineyard in words, you need to come down to Nashik for self-experience
Old 17th September 2008, 13:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard Siddhu.
The line of car showrooms (next to the Taj) is a good hangout when there's nothing better to do .
GTO et al, thanks a lot for a welcome...
GTO,
Yes, you are rite about the showrooms in that region. Its actually a general routine for me when I give my Swift to Automotive Mfgs. MASS for service.

But now the Sales guys in those showrooms know me personally & can't trouble them ONLY for the TDing
Old 17th September 2008, 20:43   #9
BHPian

welcome Siddharth, Sula- white is hot fav here at my place. Nashik is a beautiful place and all the best to you, your Swift, and any car you drive.
Rock On!!
regards
Joe

Ps. Hey Poona is not bad at all.. you feel it so much coz you from nashik :-) see ya round.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed